Chapter 32

A little peace before shit goes to hell. I hope you guys like it 🥰

"The Martells are not being much help." Rhaenyra was leaning against her husband, enjoying the bit of peace they were having. He had decided to stay home that day and had Harwin handle everything that had to do with work. She knew he was worried and felt bad for all the stress he was under. "While they don't want to start a war, especially because there is no proof that Harwin did anything, he also doesn't want to anger the Daynes. They are one of the most respected families under the Martells."

"Have you talked to Rhaelys about Arthur?" She turned in her husband's arms, wanting to look at his face. "She might know something that can help us."

"She was kept locked up most of the time. The times she went for a walk in the gardens she was accompanied by two guards." Daemon sighed and kissed the top of her head. "After my brother, I thought most of the troubles were over. I hate the thought of having to put some many guards on you and the children again and keep you all locked in the house."

"Yes, that doesn't make me very happy either." She also didn't like to think how stressful it was for Daemon to worry about keeping all of them safe. "Do you regret helping me find Rhaelys?"

"No," He immediately shook his head. "She is part of our family and she should be here with us. I wish I could have found her sooner."

"Did the Martells say anything about investigating what happened?" Rhaenyra wasn't sure if they even knew what was happening. "Were they aware that Arthur had Rhaelys? The fact that he kept her hidden for so many years could be considered a declaration of war."

"Doran didn't give me the impression that he knew much about what the issue was." Daemon moved Rhaenyra until she was sitting on his lap. "He seemed a bit upset, but still didn't want to cause any issues with the Daynes."

Rhaenyra had been worried for her sister, her husband, and her children. They still had not been able to find the connection between Arthur Dayne and her mother. They weren't sure why the man had risked so much and kept her sister hidden for all those years. Things were back to how things had been before Daemon had killed her father, except that now it was Rhaelys who had to stay hidden.

"I don't want you to worry." His fingers moved to her chin, raising her head so she was looking at him. "I will make sure we are all safe."

"You shouldn't be the only one worrying about us."

"That's my job."

He just smiled before kissing her lips, his hands caressing her face as his lips moved over hers. Rhaenyra moaned, one hand going to the back of his head, kissing him back hard. Even after all their years of marriage it still felt like their first time, they couldn't get enough of each other. Harwin was always making fun of them and how Daemon acted anytime Rhaenyra was near, but she could see the lodging in Harwin's eyes. The man had all the women he wanted, but she could tell he was lonely. A choking sound made them pull apart and saw Aemond standing there with a look of disgust on his face.

Rhaenyra laughed when Daemon glared at their son. "What do you want?"

"Can you two stop kissing?" Aemond put his hands on his hips and shook his head. "It's gross and I don't want to see that."

"Then close your eyes!" Daemon snapped, annoyed at having been interrupted.

Rhaenyra shook her head at both her men, who knocked heads more often than not. "What's wrong, baby?"