Chapter 103: Concert Debut

A week has passed since we last saw our heroes, with the Galar league now just under a week away from starting.

Due to the competition being so close to beginning, Ash has fully ramped up his training now with all his Pokémon nearing their peak in terms of strength and fitness they should be at before the beginning of a Pokemon league.

He's been training hard everyday with the help of Gary and Serena for the most part, focusing their time as promised to making sure the champion of 3 regions is ready to make it 4 regions.

However, the amour couple haven't only just been focused on themselves. Of course there's the obvious, mentoring Chloe and Goh has gone well and the two of them are starting to improve in all areas. They're even at the point now where they're settled into home life at the villa enough to the point where Ash and Serena can take a few hours off to go on a date if they want to.

But other than that, the two have been pretty distracted to say the least by the recent events that took place at the lab. They both know now that Rose was definitely the one who ordered those mercenaries, but what they don't know is how they are going to take him down.

As much as Ash would love to just barge into Rose tower and start swing fists around, that would be the stupid option without any concrete proof. Plus right now, he really does need to focus on the league itself if he wants to beat Leon. But having his mind split between two different things is certainly causing him a few issues in terms of his concentration. Gary has taken the pressure off somewhat by taking over the case, but the mind of a person like Ash can never really switch off when it comes to potential danger.

As for Serena, well her mind is obviously split as well with her focusing so much on this performance schedule, helping out Ash with his training and the chairman Rose stuff as well. But she also can't get that strange pink pokemon she saw out of her head.

She's done her research, and she still can't figure out what that pokemon is. No pokedex she's looked at contains a pink pokemon that matches that description. It's a mystery to the Kalos queen and she can only wonder if she'll ever be able to resolve it.

But away from that, there's one more thing that is on her mind right now that is certainly causing her some stress.

You see, a few days ago it was announced that Piers will be putting on a concert right here in Wyndon city. For said concert, the gym leader needs an opening act and he's requested Serena to be that act. Aria has done the deal, and Serena is now scheduled to sing for the first time on stage tomorrow evening. While such a thing is exciting, it's also nerve racking at the same time.

Serena shows as much as she paces around the bedroom nervously the night before the contest is set to take place. It's pretty late at night by now, and everyone else in the house is asleep expect her. Well, and Ash as well as he lays in bed while studying, waiting for his girlfriend to settle down with him for their usual nightly cuddles.

Eventually, Ash pauses the video he's watching on tv before he looks at his girlfriend with a concerned look on his face. He soon raises an eyebrow as he questions "What's the matter babe? You've been pacing around for some time now."

Serena lets off a small sigh before she admits "It's about the concert tomorrow that's all. I'm just so nervous that I'm not sure I'm going to be able to sleep. My mind is working at like 200 miles an hour and I'm not sure what to do."

Ash is slightly confused as to why Serena is so nervous as he questions "Serena, I don't really get why you're so nervous. You've performed in front of bigger audiences before than this concert. Plus you were so excited when Aria called to let you know about the concert. Remember how happy you were? It just seems a little off that now you would be so nervous."