10: graduate

Once I got home I did my assignment. I always prefer doing assignments as soon i'm back. I prayed and then waited awhile before I read all we have done today.

Then I found myself acting strange. I found myself in front of my computer, typing out the word Scotland. I began searching for education in Scotland.

I clicked on a specific article that got my attention. I began reading away aloud, "There are fifteen Scottish universities , some of which are amongst the oldest in the world. The four universities founded before the end of the 16th century — the University of St Andrews , the University of Glasgow, the University of Aberdeen and the University of Edinburgh — are collectively known as the ancient universities of Scotland, all of which rank among the 200 best universities in the world, with Edinburgh placing in the top 50."

I scrolled down to see other articles too.

I went to the end of page and saw, "other universities include; "Queen Margaret university, Edinburgh Napier university e.t.c"

I heaved a sigh before closing the system and grabbing my chemistry textbook downstairs. I will need to go chat with my mom. I'm sure Dad must be at work by now.

"What happened you stayed so late? Have you taken your medicine? I've made your favorite oat meal for you."

I had reached the foot of stairs and I was sure anyone in the parlour wouldn't be able to see my face

"Wow mom. Take it easy. How did you know I was here?" I asked squeezing my brows, before moving on to embrace her in a hug.

We stayed that way for minutes before we finally let go.

"So how are you?" She asked looking at me from head to toe. I smiled at that. I firmly hold my textbook before twirling around with my hands in air. "Your girl is safe and sound, say Alhamdulillah."

"Alhamdulillah." She said as we both smiled and hugged each other some more.

"Alright I'll go bring my oat meal." I said before keeping in place the textbook in my hand. I entered the kitchen, opened the fridge and grabbed my bowl of oat meal. I grabbed two spoons and inserted inside. I like to eat it with my mom. It's chocolate frozen oatmeal with berries. It looks so yum yum!

I finally sat on the coffee table, when I returned from the kitchen I met mom there. She was reading "the alchemist."

I dropped the oat meal on table, before gently taking the other seat.

"Let's have it together." I said.

And she closed the book and smiled at me. "How was school?" She asked.

"Great. Is the book nice?" I asked. She nodded with a smile.

"Maybe someday I will read it." I said.

"Why someday? Why not now?" She asked.

"Well, I got this for now." I said wiggling the textbook in my hand. She smiled at me. "May Allah bless your studies, your life and everything. I pray Allah bless you on everything." She prayed. I thanked her before we continued reading our books while taking a bite out of our frozen oatmeal from time to time. It's really yum! Yum!

Few Months After

"Are you sure you don't have a choice when it comes to uni?" Dad asked for the umpteenth time.

I shook my head side ways. My moc result was already out and I aced it. I came out with the best result. I came first as usual. I'm so grateful to my Allah. Alhamdulillah.

I hope Shah and her friends aced theirs too.

Just then something clicked in my brain and I found myself grinning hard.

"You know Scotland?" I called out not pointing my question to anyone.

"There's this University of Edinburgh. I think I wanna go there. I want to study physics there."

Published on 31 January 2023