26: the flower on desk

It was another day, another class. I had a morning class today. And I was so tired from all the misfortunes that happened to me yesterday –being pushed to fell on the floor by some weird boys, being forced to spend like two hours in search of shoes with no luck.

Just like the mall promised I had received the grocery pack yesterday, at eleven at night.

I went to my macbook and turned it on. I just plugged it on charge yesterday before hitting bed. If overcharging would affect it, it definitely did. I saw it was in good shape, so I turned it off.

I lazily walked to the corner of my bedroom, where I dumped all the shopping bags, because I never had time to arrange them. Even right now I don't have anytime. So I just grabbed the first bag my hands could grab and opened it. I was met with such an awful girly dress. Oh God! I hope she didn't pack many of them in there! I knew I don't have much time and I needed to be ready, so I quickly combed my hair and went to prepare some breakfast. I was still in towel, it'll be best to finish eating before I get dressed so I don't end up spoiling them like yesterday.

I finished having breakfast and got in my bedroom to get dressed. Putting a mental note in my head to buy veils, and tons of shoes pretty soon.

I finally grabbed a black veil and fixed my hijab firmly after getting in the black and silver gown. I wore the shoe from yesterday, grabbed my backpack before leaving the house.

I was in class quite early, and the course lecturer hasn't still arrived.

I've been just sitting and observing people when I saw this girl dropped a flower on Adam's desk. A red one! She looked happy while doing so. I got my attention off her for a while, before darting it off to her while she was making way to her seat.

On seeing that I brought out my book and began looking at the things in there. Better to mind my business! He seems to have many people liking him. But, it will forever be a wonder to me, how they manage to do that. I mean he looks mean!!! Can't they see! But then oh, well! And oh yeah i'm supposed to mind my business!

A while after, came in Adams. While having this tight face he always seems to have. I glanced a bit at him and saw him squeezed his brows before scrunching up his face, while observing the flower. He had now reached his seat and was standing beside it.

Suddenly I heard a loud sound that made me freaked out, it literally freaked out everyone —not just me, judging from how everyone kept looking around.

That sound came from Adam's seat, when he banged a fist on his table. "Who dropped me a freaking flower?" He asked loud enough for everyone to hear. The class was silent, but then it went on awfully silent after this. Just like everyone, I was only observing.

I freaked out when he redid same gesture. This time around, the fist bang coming more loudly. I looked towards the girl and saw her damping her hands on her dress out of fear. She looked so nervous.

"I'm asking for the last time! Who dropped a freaking flower!" He shouted.

I looked to the girl again, she looked so frightened. I had no idea why she even did that. Maybe she had a crush on him or something.

I found myself standing up slowly. I had no idea why I wanted to volunteer for the girl, but I once looked like her. I was once in her shoes –an outcast. In this class I've noticed everyone seemed to be looking down on her, at least i've realised that ever since I came here. Her life a little bit better compared to mine from highschool though.

"I did." I said in a low rough voice. I straightened myself for the worst, my breath hitching in process.

I watched as he slowly closed his eyes before darting them open. I thought maybe that was a way of preparing himself to hurt me or anything, because he looked super furious, but to my surprise once he opened his eyes his mouth twitched in a smile. And he slowly picked the flower and raised it to his nose, inhaling with his nostrils. "Thank you." He whispered to me with a smile.

Oh no!!!

Oh my God!!!

"Class, nobody is allowed to drop a flower on my desk." He warned before taking his seat. He looked towards me with a smirk before whispering my way, "except you!"

I mentally shook my head. Why is his life that way? I don't like the way he treats humans. And why would he think I'll give him a flower? For what reason? I let out an unbelievable sigh, before continuing on with my business. Suddenly, the teacher came in, and started the lecture. I made a mental note to apologise to the girl, once we got outside.

Suddenly I saw a paper being passed my way. The person who gave me pointed to the girl, indicating it came from her. I opened it and was met with a Thank you. I looked up to her seat, and we locked eyes with her, we exchanged smiles before she mouthed another Thank you to me. I just smiled and tucked the paper in my book.