2: Jasmine Safar

5 years back:

My name's Jasmine Safar. I'm a Nigerian from Borno state. I'm not the usual shuwa as people usually think. I'm a plain Fulani from Borno. Who can't speak any Fulani and is quite okay with that. My Father can speak it though. But my mom can't. So I literally can't as well. I have an elder brother who got married few months back. He lives few yards away. I find it hard to visit him regardless of it being few yards away. My reason is nothing but my introverted character that doesn't allow me mingle with people. I don't ever feel comfortable around his wife. And to top it all i'm not much of a fan when it comes to going outside. I rather be indoor, reading books. I love reading novels though, but i'm not fully obsessed with them, I usually end up reading one novel a year. I prefer reading biology, chemistry, or physics. I feel like reading too much novel isn't worth my time. But maybe some day if I get to finish reading and has that degree in hand I'll be able to read as much novels I can. But for now, no novels for Jasmine Safar!

One thing I forgot to tell is the fact that I don't like my school. I like it and the teachers there, but sometimes my classmates can be too much. They do things I don't like. Like calling me a nerdy, giving me a stupid nickname, trying to control me at times, simply because they think I can't stand up for myself, as I ain't much of a talker. People usually think silent people are fools and can't stand up for ourselves outta fear. But that's not it. They're just mistaking the kindness of people like me. I'm a peaceful person that my mom always award my kindness, but that doesn't mean I can't stand up for myself. I just don't want to. And i'm not ready to change who I am because of them. That's why I made it upon myself that when ever I have a kid of mine, gonna raise the child kind but firm. I ain't gonna tell him the usuals of always be kind and forgive, and don't stand up for yourself -not that my mom asked me to, in my case I am the one that made myself so -I gotta tell my kid to be nice, but anytime you don't feel like forgiving, do the needful. You can be nice and still tolerate no shit!

An important thing to know about me is my love for babies

An important thing to know about me is my love for babies. I love babies. I usually tell my mom that I wanna give birth to 20 babies. But she'll often laugh, thinking it's childish. She said once I give birth I won't dream of bringing anymore baby to the world again, because it's so painful. I was 14 when she told me that. Then I told her I would be getting operation. She just laughed before saying, "Jasmine one can only be operated thrice. And that's three babies." I only glanced at her before saying, "alright I'll give birth to my babies myself." And she nodded before saying it's better that way, it's always better to give birth to your children yourself, that way you'll be in good shape(healthy) in no time. For those afraid of giving birth and ending up asking the doctor to operate them, she didn't think it's worth it. She said maybe they have no idea what Allah has in store for them, maybe if they tried giving birth themselves Allah would have made it easier and wouldn't have to suffer as they thought they would. But for those that couldn't give birth and gotta be operated on medical condition, their's a different case, and may Allah save humanity from that. I still could remember seeing her kept mum after. So, I asked why, and turned out she recalled those who weren't able to give birth, those who never got kids of their own. She was pitying them. I had to remain silent at that as well.

In spite of all that mom said, it didn't scare me one bit over giving birth to 20 children. I wanna have them 20 fully!

Now that i'm in ss3, I can't wait to finish school and see what life has in store for me. I don't even want to think of the possibilities of getting in uni or not. I don't want to think about it. I'm not much of an overthinker. I don't like overthinking unnecessarily. I always leave everything to Allah. Because it's been dried and the ink has been lifted. Only Dua can change destiny. That what our prophet Muhammad may peace be upon him said. So I rather pray about everything than be overthinking stuff.

Jasmine's house;

23/Nov/2020

***

So this is just the beginning guys! Where do you think the story is leading us to?

Do you like her name?

I don't know why but i'm in love with her name😍 Jasmine Safar! I mean wow!

Also constructive critics are welcomed! It will only make me a better writer!

If you find any mistake please kindly point it out, the book hasn't been edited yet, but I'll try my best to see they ain't any mistake Inshaa Allah. But i'm just human! Not perfect! So please kindly point out mistakes if you come across any! Thank you!

Remember to vote, comment, share and follow! 😘😘😘

My socials:
@Asmaaauwal on Instagram, Twitter, Snapchat and tiktok

My YouTube channel: Asmaa