37: oat & gift

"Tell me the maniac hair stuff was a joke." He said silently. 

"Well, you called my sunglasses weird and boring." I added with a smile.

"Trust me it is. But this one's cool though." He said along with smirking at me.

I got off the car and waved him goodbye. "Thank you." I genuinely said.

"I'll be here 8:00 am dot. You won't be going to school." He said.

I rolled my eyes and I saw him gasped. "Stop that! You'll feel pain." He said in fear.

I smiled at him before walking to my house. If I can't catch up with my parents, then i'll need to send them a letter. Just like the olden days.

I slept off and after praying fajr I got in bed as I recited my azkar.

I heard the bell rang, I checked the time and saw 8:00am. Must be Adams.

I went and opened the door for him. I saw him along with Camilla. My face expression completely dropped when I remembered what she told me last evening.

Seems like Adams have seen that. "I'm sorry she wanted to check up on you!" Adams said. I smiled before widely opening the door for them.

I walked past them to the living lounge and sat down. They joined me, plus Adams dropping a gift bag on the center table. "I got this for you. How are you feeling?" He asked with genuine care.

"Alhamdulillah i'm good. Thanks really." I said, without trying to even touch the bag. I was calmly seated on the single sofa I've occupied.

"Hi, Camilla." I finally said when I saw she had no intention of talking to me.

She snared at me before answering. I had to think hard before resisting the urge to gape at her. Like I was told she came here to check up on me, but what with the acting weird and not even trying to talk to me?! She's strange!

"Jasmine can you open it?" Adams said a little hesitatingly pointing to the gift bag. Oh! I forgot about that!

"Sure!" I said with a smile as I reached for the bag.

I opened it and was met with a pack. I brought it out and it was a lunch box. Okay what could be in there! I smiled widely when the content came in view as the scent hits my nostrils.

"Wow! Who made this?" I asked.

"I did." He said with a smile.

"I'll definitely enjoy it. Please wait a bit, i'll be right back." I told him before I sprung to the bedroom. I brushed my teeth and got to the kitchen and brought a spoon with me and a mug. I began using the spoon trying to pick the oat and put in the mug when Adams tried to offer a helping hand. "I'll help you." He said with a smile before getting off his seat and squatting infront of the center table. He poured the oat for me in the mug. "Here." He said dropping it in front of me. I collected and began eating after saying bismillah(In the name of Allah)

We talked till it was twelve. When I talked to them about school Adams said they were skipping it since I was. They rather stay with the patient. Camilla rolled her eyes at him before she continued reading the book she was holding. She'd been reading it ever since she came in. She wasn't even participating in our convos, only reading her book. And she would stop and roll her eyes at us from time to time.

Them skipping school doesn't sound great to me though.

***
It's been two days since I got an eye glasses. Adams been coming along with Camilla each day. And every single day he would come along with oatmeal, prepared by him, for me. I liked it. The recipe being used was kinda different from mine and I liked it so much. For lunch and dinner we usually place in order.