32: ways to define a relationship

Adams's pov

Immediately he announced he was given us assignment I wanted to roll my eyes. I know when it comes to studying life, there's only one thing helping me, I always believe in doing things asap. Like don't wait a moment, just get stuff done. Don't procrastinate. But I was never a huge fan of reading, I'd say if there's one thing i'm quite lucky about is the fact that studying chose me. I didn't choose it. It chose me.

I have heard we were having test. But all that mattered to me at the moment was getting tanned skin to the hospital. I've promised her i'll take her there. Wait, promised?! Adams promising someone outside family? And that person ain't Camilla? Wow! My mouth twitched in to a smile.

I looked towards Jasmine and saw her fully concentrating in class. I smiled at that. Atleast she's better than Camilla in that aspect. Camilla only reads catching fire which is a novel that has been turned in to a movie, she has read the book more-than hundred times, watched the movie about a million times and still manage to keep reading the book! Either Camilla read that book or nothing else. Academic reading sounds like something she would call headache. But what are friends for? I always try to help her read though.

Once the lecture finished I viewed Jasmine sneaking out of class. She did it so quickly, as if getting away from someone. And who else could Jasmine be getting away from if not me? So, I followed, quickly!

When I came out I couldn't see her around. I looked round and didn't see any sign of her. I was still looking when I heard Camilla calling my name. I waited till she jogged up to my spot.

"You haven't been waiting for me these days." She said with a smile.

"I'm sorry Camilla." I told her before quickly jogging off, leaving her standing there.

I jogged all the way to the parking lot and that's when I saw Jasmine.

I called her by her actual name, but she didn't turn around till i said tanned skin. She smiled beautifully.

I asked her what's funny since she was having a smile on her face. Then I saw her eyes welling up tears again. And if that's not a cry, then it appears like a serious condition to me.

"Your eyes doing it again. It's tearing up. Alright, let's go." I told her. But she shook her head at me.

"I have to read for the test and do my assignment. Maybe I can go tomorrow. But definitely not today." She said.

I just hoped it won't worsen. Since that's what she wants then so be it. I nodded at her.

I got in the car and drove to where she was. "Please." I begged.

I offered her a ride then, and she said no. That's when I saw Camilla's car drove past us on a high speed. I didn't think much of it when I got in my car and asked Jasmine to please get in my car. After all, I got something to give to her.

I was playing lilwayne's song in my car and I would glance at her from time to time, from where she sat comfortably in the passenger seat. She looked as if she didn't like it. I don't know how I do it. But I surprise myself with some of the things I do around her as well. Like knowing if she has something to talk about but doesn't feel like it, or when she doesn't like something, or when she seems happy, all those things I've known about her in like the span of a week. If there's anyone more introverted than her, I know not such person. But I wanna find out what she is to me,to just know where I've categorized her honestly, I still have no idea who she is to me, or why I do the things I do around her. Or why I let her in my car, even if she doesn't wants to get in, the versa should have occurred incase of others. I don't usually allow anyone in my car. I really want to figure out who this person is to me, or how the relationship between us will be defined, in case there's any.

"You didn't like it right?" I asked her, referring to the music. I looked at her again before quickly turning it off.

I smiled at myself before quickly focusing my attention on the road.

I'll want her to always have this seat of my car. For the first time ever I feel super afraid of losing someone. And if feeling super afraid of losing anyone and having no reason to like them means liking them. Then i'm sure I like her. But I want to figure out why do I like her? I can't just like her like that, there must be a reason and I want to figure it out.

After making it to her house i complimented her dress. I told her it's beautiful. It had complimented her petite figure, her glowy skin, her cute face and the cute figure as well, unlike the usual boring dress I've been seeing her with ever since I first saw her. Well, with the exception of the second day I saw her. What she's wearing isn't something i'll rate a 10 outta 10. It's a nice one and maybe a 4 outta 10.

Then I gave her what I've been wanting to give her, because it's something she'll be needing a lot I figured out.

I was curious a bit over her, she seems like a practicing Muslim. I'm a Muslim. But I know I don't practice Islam, not that much. Perhaps the environment I've been brought up have a slight impact on me. But I can't blame it on the environment. I know if i'm not lying to myself i'm at fault too. But I believe they'll be time for adjustment. But till then i'm not ready to adjust. May Allah forgive me.

So, I found myself asking her if she prays all her prayers.

She nodded before saying, "Alhamdulillah."

I felt happy at that and still sad.

I knew I shouldn't be sad, but somehow, for the first time i noticed i was being jealous of someone. I was jealous of Jasmine, I wished it were me praying five times a day. Five doesn't sounds much but still I haven't been among those with the gifts of praying.