12: school tour

I let out a sigh before looking at my mom by my side. Dad had his seat in front of us.

I put on earplugs before pulling down my eye masks. I recited dua. May Allah help us land safely. I prayed inwardly. I felt Mami's hands in mine. She squeezed our hands together and I return same gesture. With our hands clipped together I drifted to sleep.

We finally arrived at Scotland. We booked hotel near my school. Dad rented a house for me and paid for four years straight. He said he didn't know what might happen but since I'll be needing it for three years. Then it will be better to make it four years.

The next day my parents helped shown me the school. Since Dad attended same school we had no much problem locating all that needed to be located. And we had a map with us as well. Dad said the changes made to the school weren't that crazy. That they only rebuild things but didn't change the locations that much. Like the administration area was still in same place from his time. I got to see some of my classes and I had the course I'll be offering. I've seen the laboratories already, and other things won't be a problem to locate with the map i'm sure. So we retired for the day. Because my parents will be leaving the next day. Dad got work back in Nigeria. I'll miss them I know.

I almost forgot to call Fahad as I promised yesterday. But when I overhead him on phone with Mami I collected the phone and we talked. Aisha had already paid a visit to Iman.

But still I like keeping promises, and I knew I owe that face time to Fahad. I'll even show him some nice areas from here. Because, Scotland really got awesome views. But we are in a restaurant now and waiting for orders and I don't like being on call in public. So I'll just wait till we got back in our car that we rented, before calling him.

It's been an hour since we left the restaurant. We ate and the meal was kinda yum yum! Because it was Dad that got to choose it for us. He said he missed some of the meal here and he'd been wanting to eat it sometimes in Nigeria but he just never had the time to even think about it, because it was always work! Work! Work!

I literally fist bumped my dad more than thrice as we were having meal, anytime I took a bite of my meal I'll just constantly be wanting to reward Bappa. And fist bumping him was the right way to do so.

We are finally in our car and I began face timing Fahad. We talked and ended the call after I showed him some views from the car. He just said he wasn't even seeing it clearly but he was grateful I did shown it to him.

So it's literally eight at night right now and i'm here retiring for the day. I've just brushed my teeth and made it on bed. We are sharing same room with Mami, while  Bappa got a different room.

Tomorrow I'll be transferring to my house that was also near the school. Everything was cool in the house too, since they already furnished everything. All that remain was some touches that'll show it's now a Muslim's house. So I'll just wait till after knowing the town before I buy Arabic frames, moon and stars deco and a praying mat, which is necessary.

Mami had just finished praying witr. She kept looking at me which made me so uncomfortable. I finally decided to speak up. "Mami you good?"

Published on 19th jan 2024
I guess this been sitting in my drafts for more-than 2 or 3 years😭😭😭 thanks for reading, remember to vote and follow me!!!