6: sorry it's a geographical class!

"Well, can't remember who it was, I thought it's Jasmine

"Well, can't remember who it was, I thought it's Jasmine."

Mr. Fuad quickly scurried off to the board in no time. "I asked that time if anyone could geographically tell me about one of the countries the person mentioned, unfortunately no one could..." He started "...I mean the countries Shah Jahan mentioned, since she said she's the one right?" He added forcing out a tight smile and gesturing towards her.

I inwardly smiled at that.

"You know me, I always think geography shouldn't be restricted to just the areas we live. Due to that we gonna name a country each from the six continents we have and geographically talk about one. Then among the countries, you guys can pick any, and geographically break it down as an assignment." He added.

All was cool till he mentioned the last word. Because, the moment he did, murmurs kept erupting from the class.

Mr. Fuad wrote down six continents on board. Course he gathered them up by pointing randomly at students and asking to name one each. He was forever the 'I love interactive class type'

I focused my attention on the board, where we had six continents written;

Africa
America
Antarctica
Asia
Australia/Oceania
Europe.

He wrote them in a way he would be able to write a country each in front of them. I saw him dragging lines in front of each. But I thought America is a country? So it's a continent and at same time a country? Okay I don't think I care.

"Alright class! Go ahead and start giving me names of countries." Mr. Fuad mentioned.

"Don't bother! I'll select randomly." He quickly added. Before I could decipher a thing, I just heard, "Miss Jasmine you can go first!"

My breath literally hitched. But he had no idea how grateful I am that I was to name a country in Africa. In the other continents apart from the Scots grass I overheard the girls talking about earlier, I wouldn't be able to mention any. Wait, is it even scot grass or Scotland? Okay I can check google later! No need to worry about that!

"America and Australia will definitely be hint. Anyone can re-mention them as countries." I overheard some students side whispering.

"Nigeria." I finally answered, before I ended up crossing my arms and looking down.

"Good

"Good." Mr. Fuad uttered, before twirling the marker in his hand as well as writing Nigeria beside Africa.

"Since we are taking America as a one continent, I want someone to name two countries from both south and north. Actually some people do take south America as a continent and north too as one. But I don't see it's necessary. Why giving them two continents?"

The whole class laughed hard at that.

"Better to give them one." I heard someone side talked. And more laughter erupted.

"But, just in case you're asked to name seven continents not six you gotta divide America in to two." Mr. Fuad added and the whole class laughed again.

"Alright Miss Malak, tell me a country from North America."

Malak was part of Shah Jahan's squad too.

"The Bahamas." I heard her say.

"That's great." He answered with a gruff voice, before adding an arrow in front of their great America.

"Alright Haneefa pay attention and give me from South America."Mr. Fuad called Haneefa's attention, i'm sure she must be side talking hence why.

"Brazil." She whispered.

"Okay! Class Haneefa telling us she likes football." Mr. Fuad teased.

"Yeah i'm a great fan." She added before the class laughed a bit.

He pointed to a different someone. It was a guy from his voice.

"Antarctica?" Mr. Fuad said raising up a brow.

"Antarctica is just Antarctica. It doesn't have any country." The boy said. And with that Mr. Fuad explained further why so and went ahead to write Antarctica. I thanked my lord inwardly, because if it's me how would I even know that, when i'm hearing about Antarctica for the first time today?

"Asia?" He called out pointing to Hamad.

There was some shuffles from the class. The class roared as people called out Hamad's name. I turned slightly because he was a front-seater too. Just far away from my row though.

"Saudi Arabia." He answered.

And the class roared and clapped hard at him. I inwardly smiled to myself. He got great fans in class.

Mr. Fuad wrote it down before proceeding to ask another person. He pointed to someone at the last seat. "Please tell us a country from Australasia. You know we call it that in geography right?" He said, referring to the whole class.

"Australia." The guy answered.

"Yeah. Can you give me a different one so as not to confuse the class? You know there's a country in Australia called Australia. But among the 14 countries in there, can you give us another one?"

"New Zealand."

Mr. Fuad nodded before writing it down on the board.

"Who'll name a country in Europe?" He asked and I heard Shah Jahan's voice answering.

"Scotland."

"Mhhmm Scotland yeah. But how about we say United kingdom?" He seemed thoughtful for a moment. She quickly added "yeah united kingdom is good. Since Scotland is part of it." And he wrote down United Kingdom as well as using an arrow to indicate Scotland from it.

"Alright class, we are only going to explain one, out of all the countries we've mentioned."

"Sir let's choose Scotland." Shah Jahan said again.

Mr Fuad looked as if he would ignore her, but then he didn't.

"Alright. Shah chose Scotland for us, even though I don't like categorizing it as a country, because it's more like a nation taking part in forming the UK. But it's alright we can go ahead with that."

That's how we ended up choosing Scotland.

"Alright who'll tell us about Scotland pertaining this course?" Mr. Fu'ad asked.

Once I heard Shah Jahan said she will, I knew automatically the whole class would suffer being deviated. Hardly, she'll keep it cool and talk about geography alone. I'm sure she's gonna talk about a whole different aspect. But who knows? She might do the right thing though.

"There's so many great things about Scotland just as I once told Hamad over there about." I could feature her smiling at that.

Wow Hamad got a lover! Or more like a clinger.

"Well, firstly, NHS Scotland's Queen Elizabeth University Hospital; Glasgow is the largest hospital campus in Europe." Shah Jahan began.

Ya Allah! Hospital in a geography class?