39: the spilled secret

Adams laughter ended up roaring in the car. It's been minutes and he still haven't stopped laughing. Since I had no idea what was funny I just waited patiently for him to be done and maybe explain if he wanna.

"That's not what I mean. Meant to say back in your country do you have any boyfriend or something?" By now his laughter had subsided.

He laughed before mumbling, "you simply ain't giving chance." Then I watched him gulped down a lump down his throat.

Okay what was that?!

I'll stop time for you
The second you say you'd like me to
I just wanna give you the loving that you're missing
Baby, just to wake up with you
Would be everything I need and this could be so different
Tell me what you want to do

"I don't."

"What an introverted answer!" He said.

I chuckled before gawking at him wondering how he knew I was introvert, or maybe he just said it and wasn't thinking much in to it.

"How did you know i'm introvert?"

He shrugged. "Your behaviors." He plainly said. "So, why?" He added.

"I'm still young. Then i'm so so scared of marriage." I explained further. He grinned at me.

"Well, relationship doesn't always means marriage." He said.

I widened my eyes at him and he laughed it off before saying he was kidding. Oh better!

"Most importantly, nobody likes me!" I added as I forcefully gulped down saliva.

He just observed me before looking away. He said nothing!

'Cause I know I can treat you better
Than he can
And any girl like you deserves a gentleman
Tell me why are we wasting time
On all your wasted cryin'
When you should be with me instead
I know I can treat you better
Better than he can
Better than he can

"You just made me spill out a secret." I said again, before gently taking deep breath.

"In that case I owe telling you one, to make it even." His tone came out sad.

I observed him before nodding my head. I was scared I don't like people telling me secrets.

"I can't say I hate my father but I'm just not that in to him." He let out.

That took me few minutes to dissipate and observe. That was a tougher. I didn't expect that.

I tried lightening the thick air, "Well you don't expect yourself to be in to him." I said with a thin of hope of positivity in my voice. I believe you can only be in to some one if you like them as an opposite sex. But then the 'hate' word he used. Though he said he doesn't hates him. But everything sounds creepy and sad.

He laughed at me before saying, "you are naive. That's not what I mean. I mean I don't hate him, but I don't like him either."

I kept quite at that. That hits deep, "I'm awfully sorry over that." I silently let out.

I felt him observing me, so that made me turn towards him, as i eased myself in his car seat, but then he took his eyes off me, quickly. Then, he started karaokeing the song. Wow his voice is awesome.

Give me a sign
Take my hand, we'll be fine
Promise I won't let you down
Just know that you don't
Have to do this alone
Promise I'll never let you down
'Cause I know I can treat you better
Than he can
And any girl like you deserves a gentleman
Tell me why are we wasting time
On all your wasted cryin'
When you should be with me instead

"You really have an amazing voice Adams!" I genuinely told him. He smirked before looking at me, right there something ignited in his eyes. His smirk turned in to a smile....
Then he thanked me. And i smiled back.

I know I can treat you better
Better than he can (can, oh)
Better than he can
Better than he can

Once the song finished I turned completely towards him. He kept looking at me with a smirk and I returned the gesture with a smile. Then I glanced at the beats in my right hand.

"Do boys wear this?" I asked him.

He furrowed his face at me with a smile.

"Alright, I don't know if boys wear this. But I want you to wear it." I said gently dashing it out to him.

He squeezed his forehead. "But, it's weird. It's ugly and out of style."

I looked at him mouth agape, "I gifted you something and you are saying all sorts of hates towards it?" I slightly glared at him.

"Stop disturbing your eyes, stop glaring or rolling your eyes," he said silently, "please," he added.

I released a heavy sigh. I watched him collected and put on the beats(local made chain made from beats) on his right hand, raised it up observing it, then he smiled widely. His eyes were still on it when he finally whispered, "Thank you Jasmine."