29: Nigerian & Ethiopian

Adam's pov

We were walking when I looked at her again. Oh God! That's such a clear glowy tanned skin. How can she be so wicked to not share her skin tone products with me?

"This will be your last chance to get away with a hundred million Sterlings. Hundred million dollars for more understanding." I said.

She looked up at me, her forehead had creased.

"You forgot sharing your tanning products with me equal a hundred million dollars?" I said with a smirk.

I saw her gently shaking her head. She smiled at me. "They ain't any!"

"Oh really? Alright let me tell you a fact. "You know there's this big aeroplane that can actually carry a ship." I said, as she halted. She didn't even spare me a glare when I said, "okay okay I retreat back my words. Sounds like a lie even to my ears. But then that's exactly what you saying you don't have any tanning products sounds like, a total lie." I added.

To my surprise she only laughed. And we continued walking.

She was awfully silent today and I don't like that. "Hey, look at me." I said. And she did.

Her eyes have welled up again.

"What happened to your eye? Are you gonna cry? You always look sad anytime I talk about tanning products. I'm sorry!" I said. Quickly enough my forehead creased. "Wait did I just say i'm sorry?" I was surprised at that too.

She looked at me before shaking her head and she bursted out laughing.

"I'm not about to cry. My eye been just paining me, guess it's the change of environment."

"Have you gone to the hospital?" I asked calmly.

She shrugged before shaking her head sideways.

"It's important you go. I'll take you there after class. Which hospital do you go to?"

"Haven't been to any yet. I arrived here not up to a week."

"Doesn't sounds good to me." I said.

She nodded, "I know right." She said scrunching up her face.

"Stop doing that. Your nose will be wrinkled." I said with care. But she ended up laughing at me. "You must care about looks a lot, don't you?" She asked.

I shrugged. "I bet you do as well." I said.

"I don't."

"You made me owe you again." She silently said.

I cleared my voice, before saying, "well, you know there are many ways to repay back things."

"Like what?" She asked.

"Giving me your list of courses will be good for now."

She scrunched up her face again. "What are you trying to do?"

"Well, i'm gonna change my courses to same as yours."

"You're joking right?" She asked laughing.

She made way for her bag and I gave it to her. She looked through it before grabbing a paper and handing me. "You can give it to me later." She said. But I just scanned the whole paper and gave it back.

"Already done?" She asked.

"Chem 1204, chem 1256, chem1249....." I continued listening all the eight courses she's to offer this semester.

Her mouth slacked a bit.

"You haven't been thinking I'm doll, have you?" I asked.

She shook her head side ways, "but how did you do that?" She finally asked.

I just shrugged.

"So now tanned skin don't you think seeing a glowy skin will glow away my brain each day. I'm sure changing my courses to same as yours will be a good idea."

She gasped before laughing away her heart.

"I didn't thought you will laugh at that." I mumbled.

"You called me tanned skin. That's funny."

"I don't know your name, so." I said with a shrug.

"I'm Jasmine. Jasmine Safar." She finally let out.

"That's a cute name. Where are you from?"

"What shoe size did I say when you asked of my shoe size?" She asked back.

I creased my brows a bit. "You said Nigeria. Wait, are you from Nigeria?!" I asked with amusement and a confused tone.

She nodded at me.

"Oh great!" I replied smiling.

"Well, you see i'm African like you too. Wait are you like me as well?" I quickly asked. I mean her skin doesn't look Nigerian. Not being racist or anything.

"As in? Which country are you from in Africa?" I heard her ask.

"Well, i'm kinda mixed so I'm wondering if it's same with you."

She shook her head at me.

"Well, i'm Ethiopian." I added.

"Ethiopia! I love the cultures there!" She said.

"Yeah, but I've never been there! Not once!" I said with a thin of annoyance in my voice. I was annoyed at my dad.

She looked at me but didn't say a thing.