The new partner

Bruce's pov
Gotham, Wayne Manor 8 am

I took the kids to school and I'm about to wake up Joker and Clark. First I went to Joker. He was up already and watching the morning news from Gotham.

"Morning Joker. Did something happen durring the night?" I laid to the door frame and he turned to me with a terrified face.
"Why don't you already out and search for your demon child?!" he asked and I was shocked. I came closer to him and looked at the television. The main news was that Jason Todd, AKA Red Hood, escaped from prison with the help of his followers.
"It's all my fault. I don't go out on a patrol once and this kind of things happen" I grumbled and rushed out from Joker's room and headed down to the cave. "Wake up Clark for me, Joker! I won't come back until I catch that maniac!" I told him back because he was following me.
"He's a big boy, he can wake up alone. I'm coming with you" he said and we both entered the elevator.
"You're not coming with me" I said sternly, not looking at him.
"Do you want to make a bet? Hahahaha! Don't you get it? Bet, bat, you know, you're Batman and bet... never mind. You never got the joke" he said disappointed.
He reminded me to his old self. It was hard enough to deal with Jason, I didn't need a ghost from the past too.
"Joker, I don't have time for this! Go back and stay out of my way!" I knew I was too harsh with him and I felt a bit guilty too, but I didn't have the energy to deal with him that time.

We arrived to the cave and I immedietaly rushed out to escape from Joker. I ran towards my costume and started to change my clothes. I heard my unsteady breathing and Joker steps echoing through the cave.

"You know it's too bad that I never listen to you" he said calmly as he stopped behind my back and I turned to face him. I could only change my pants and I was standing in front of him halfly naked with bare chest. He blushed a little but I didn't pay attention to it. "I-I coming with you whether you like it or not. You won't be able to fight against your child alone" he was probably right but Batman works alone or with a Robin. But Joker? Never.
"You don't know me. You're staying" I said sternly and I wanted to finish changing my clothes but he grabbed my arm.
"Why are you always so stubborn Batsy?" he sighed resignated. He let go of my arm and turned to leave. I could have think that I finally convinced him, but I knew him better.
"Where are you going now?"
"What do you think it looks like? I go to catch Red Hood before you kill yourself" he said, not even looking back at me. I couldn't believe my unfortune with him. I took a deep calming breath and called him back.
"Joker, stop. You can't go alone, you're coming with me" he turned to me very slowly with a devilish smile on his face. It made me regret my decision in an instant.
"I knew you would never let me go alone. You're such a softy Batsy!" he laughed while I finised to get ready. I rushed away next to him and got in my car.
"Are you coming or not?" I asked as I turned on the engine and Joker hopped in.

I opened the cave's gate and drove to Gotham at full speed.

I was driving through Gotham's dirty streets, searching for Jason with a clown by my side. Fortunately, I knew most of the places where he could be.

We were heading towards one of his possible hiding place when suddebly something exploded in the opposite direction. I immediately turned the car and drove towards the fire and the smoke. We arrived to the house in two minutes with the police and the firefighters. The police coordinated the crowd while the firemen went into the burning house to rescue people.

I got out from the car with Joker in my heels. I knew I won't find anything useful until the fire is burning.

I waited for a moment to see if they need my help with the rescuing, but the people were handling the situation. They were used to these kind of accidents.

I made my way to one of the surrounding building's top and I brought Joker with me.

"Wow, the kid really know how to put on a good show!" Joker said looking down at the flames.
"Yeah, with me he saw a lot of inspiration" I grumbled, suppressing my nervousness and anger.
"It's not all your fault, Bruce" he put his hand gently on my shoulder to calm me down and it did work a bit. I shook off his hand from me and startde to search for clues. Joker only watched me silently.

I searched through at least ten roofs when I found what I had been looking for. I found the detonateur. I had to check it for fingerprints.

I wanted to go back to Joker but then a second explosion was heard. I turned that way horrified and I saw a person jumping down from a building with a motorcycle. Them was driving to west.

I didn't waste my time either. I jumped on my car's roof with Joker between my arms then we both got in the car and I headed towards west. Soon enough I could finally see the motorcyclist ahead of me.