Behind bars

Bruce's pov
Gotham, Wayne Manor 9 am

It was the first real spring time this year. I'd been woken up by the sunlight, but I didn't mind it. I went out for a jog to clear my head out. I became closer and closer to Jason, but he always slipped out of my hands.

He tried to force the mayor to resign from his job or else he'll kill him and his family. Fortunately, the mayor could use the silent alarm. Barbara called me to take care of it because I could be there faster then them.

He was right in front of me, defeated, bleeding, but he could still trick me. He said he based a bomb in the building and he'll blow it up if I try to stop him. Of course there was no bomb and he got away. I can't let this happen again.

After my jog, I woke up the others and went down to the kitchen to make breakfast for everyone. I took Damian and Jonathan to school and Clark to work, then I headed home with Jake.

I didn't have too much to work on with the company, so I spent the whole day down in the cave with Jake and searched for Jason. Jake already tried to crawl, but he didn't get too far. Instead, he grabbed one of my batarangs and played with it. It's a miracle that he didn't even cut himself.

When I stopped in front of the school to take home the boys, they were talking with Rose and David. They wanted to come over to us to hang out with the boys, I took all of them back to the Manor. I knew that Clark would arrive home late that night beause he had plenty of work to do, so it was just me with five children.

Of course the teens went upstairs to one of the boys' room and closed the door. I thought they would come down when they're starving, so I decided to play with Jake. I kind of neglected him in the morning and I felt guilty about it.

We were playing in the living room when I heard a quiet noise. It was like someone broke a glass. I grabbed Jake into my arms and I headed towards the source of the sound as soundless as I could. Jake was also very quiet, he probably felt the danger too. I had to go through the kitchen, so I could take a knife from the counter.

I stopped in front of an open door to listen for noises, then I looked in. We always kept these doors locked. There was shattered glass on the carpet, but I saw no one in the room.

"Hello father. Missed me?" I heard a deep voice behind me and I felt a gun on my back. "Turn around and drop the knife or I'll pull the triger" I knew that this time he came here to kill me. I could feel it from the coldness of his words, but I won't give up that easily.
"Alright, but you wanted it" 

I could barely jump away when he pulled the triger. I threw the knife at the alarm device which locked down the whole building immediately. Jason tried to shoot again, but I grabbed his wrist and he dropped his gun. I kicked it into the open room, then slammed the door. I only calmed down a bit when I heard the lock click.

"Not bad. I see you're still in shape. That's good. I thought being a good dad made you soft, but now I see how wrong was I" he stood up from the floor and wiped off the blood from his mouth.
"I don't have to be in shape to beat you" it was a lie, but I had to make him angry, so he would get out of his balance and I can easily knock him out.
"We'll see about that" he pulled his mouth to a sadistic smile and I hold Jake closer to my chest. "This little guy must be my youngest brother. What's his name? I always forget it. Oh, I remember now. Jake, isn't it?" he tried to touch him, but I cought his wrist again and pulled it behind his back.
"Don't dare to touch him" I whispered menacingly into his ears, but he only chuckled.
"And what will you do to me if I do it again? Kill me?" he was laughing hysterically now. He reminded me very much to Joker and from that realization I tossed him away from myself. "See? You can't hurt me. But I can hurt you" he wasn't laughing now. 

He started running towards me and I hardly had enough time to jump away. I quickly put Jake down behind me and turned around to face my ward's next attack. We fought fist against fist and I heard Jake's crying behind my back. We backed off to the kitchen where both of us grabbed something to fight with. 

Jake was still behind my back and now I could hear the other kids at the other side of the locked kitchen door, but I couldn't pay attention to them. I only focused on Jason who attacked me with a meat fork. I blocked it with a lid and knocked him down on the floor. I hit him several times with the lid, until he was hardly conscious and badly bleeding from several head cuts. I was so angry at him, I wanted to knock him out for forever, but I couldn't do it. I threw away the lid and stood up to pick up Jake and leave the kitchen.

"See? I was right. You can't kill me, like you couldn't kill Joker, even when your happiness depended on it" he laughed quietly as he coughed up blood and laid down to the kitchen floor unconscious. 

I stared at him for a few moments, but then I returned to reality. My kids were at the other side of the door and they must had been terrified. I gave the password and the security system turned out. As soon as I stepped out from the kitchen, Damian and Jonathan embraced me in a tight hug.

"Dad, what happened? Are you alright?" Jonathan asked with worried eyes. It wasn't until moments later that it dawned on me that he was calling me his father for the first time, but I didn't say anything about that.
"I'm fine boys. Did the police arrive?"
"No, but what happened?" Damian asked unpatiently.
"Jason tried to kill me, but I knocked him out. He's in the kitchen, but you mustn't go in"
"What will happen to him?" Jonathan asked after a few moments of silence.
"He goes to jail"
"And what if he says something about you being Batman?" Rose asked.
"No one will believe him, I'll make sure about that, don't worry" I winked at her and went to the front door where I heard the police cars.

"Mr Wayne, we hoped you're okay, we came as fast as we could. What's the problem?"
"Red Hood. He broke in the manor and tried to kill me. He's in the kitchen. He's unconscious"
"Red Hood? Why would he try to kill you?"
"Maybe you should ask this from him" I turned away and let them take away Jason in handcuffs.