Chapter 6 - Chaotic Trial of the Century

On that day's schedule was another trial against Jipuragi. In case they came up with a weak defence like last time, I intended to make quick work of Cha-Young that day. I barely slept the night before, so I was tired as h*ll and when I'm tired, I get grumpy.
We were outside the courtroom, chatting with the judge. Turns out Babel bought him off to turn the trial in our favour. It seemed like that time they had no trust in me or my skills. Tired of listening to their b*llsh*t I scoffed and walked away. That I was p*ssed would have been an understatement. If there's one thing I hate most, then it's being underestimated.
Someone came after me, holding me back by my arm, so I spun around. „What?"
„Where are you going? The trial's about to start", Han-Seok asked.
„I need air", I said and wanted to leave, but he held me back again.
„Hey. What's wrong?", he asked.
„Nothing."
He looked at me for a while, before pulling me into an empty corridor.
„Tell me what's wrong", he demanded, then grabbed my chin and tilted my head up, so I had to look at him. But I just swatted his hand away.
„You bought off the judge", I said accusingly.
„So?"
„So?!"
„What's the problem?", he asked without a care in the world.
„The problem is, that you guys give me the feeling like I'm not good enough to handle this on my own." I knew I sounded like a little brat, but my ego got the better of me.
„I know you can", Han-Seok said, caressing my cheek. Once more I slapped his hand away, being in no mood for that sh*t.
„Try not to see it as me not trusting in your skills, but more like reassurance."
„You don't need reassurance", I argued.
Of course he couldn't hold up his caring act for that long, so it was only a matter of time til his whole demeanor changed. The concerned expression on his face quickly turned into a p*ssed one.
„Ok, I tried to be nice, because I hoped I would get something out of it, but I've had it with you! Stop complaining, pull yourself together, go in there an do your godd*mned job! I need you to bring your f*cking A-game today! You think I don't need reassurance? Then prove it!" And with that he went back to the others, leaving me standing there, about to explode. After a couple deep breaths I followed and entered the courtroom without sparing another glance in his direction. I stopped mid way to look around the room in surprise. The ceiling was leaking, water dripping everywhere.
"Watch yourself, or you'll slip", I heard someone say behind me, causing me to turn around too quickly and of course, I slipped. But before I could fall on my *ss, someone caught me. Several moments passed, as I was enveloped in Vincenzo's arms, just gazing into his mesmerizing eyes, before he safely put me on my feet again. His hands lingered on my hips a little longer, to make sure I wouldn't slip again.
How romantic, right? I couldn't resist, I just had to make it sound like right out of a K-Drama. Sorry, not sorry.
"Thanks", I said, what he acknowledged with a little smile. D*mn! Yet again he looked fine as h*ll. But I've been gushing about him for too long already, so I swiftly brought my attention back to the courtroom.
"With all this going on", I gestured around the room, "they didn't think about reschedualing?", I asked.
"Yeah, right? I hope they do. We wouldn't want anyone to hurt themselves, do we?", he said with a mischievous glint in his eyes.
"It was you, wasn't it?", I asked, connecting the dots.
"I don't know what you're talking about, Su-Mi."