Chapter 16 - Surprise in an alley

I spent the rest of the day getting ready for my rendezvous with Han-Seok, because I wanted to look good, of course. And I think I did a pretty good job.
When I was all dolled up I made my way to my car, which was parked a little down the street from where I lived. Suddenly I felt a hand over my mouth and an arm around my waist, as I was pulled into a side alley. I immediately reacted and ellbowed the attacker in the stomach, so their grip loosened in an instant. After that, I ellbowed them in the face, which earned me a grunt. But before I could turn around and face my attacker, they grabbed my neck and pinned me against the wall. Now that turned me on a little. However, this was a serious situation, so I tried to fight them off, til a familar voice stopped me.
"Su-Mi, stop! It's just me!"
Finally I could see who it was. "Vincenzo?", I asked in disbelief.
"Hey."
"What are you doing?"
"I didn't mean to scare you."
"You didn't. Now that I know it's you, please, by all means, let's continue", I said and looked down at his lips. There would be no harm in a little warm-up before I went to Han-Seok's. It appeared like Vincenzo didn't know how to respond to that, but then seemed to focus again and removed his hand like he got burned.
"Su-Mi, I just came here to talk."
"How disappointing", I said with a little pout.
"Please be serious."
"Alright. So what did you want to talk about?"
"The thing is, I couldn't stop thinking about you."
"You couldn't stop thinking about me or you couldn't stop thinking about what you want to do to me?" It was just impossible for me not to tease him about this one.
"Not like that. Stop playing around. I'm serious. You need to tell me who you are."
"That's what this whole fuss is about? You know, I get asked that question a lot recently. It's starting to get on my nerves. I'm Kim Su-Mi, a lawyer at Wusang Law Firm, who also works for Babel." At this point I was just annoyed.
"And what else?" Vincenzo was not satisfied with my answer.
"What do you mean, what else?"
"There has to be more to it."
"Says you, Mr. Lawyer". Then he started to get frustrated.
"If it makes you feel better, almost everyone knows just as much about me as you do." Well, that's a lie. At least I gave Han-Seok some info, even if it wasn't the whole story.
"Great. That doesn't make it any better."
"The deal is still on the table you know", I said with a sly smile.
"What deal?", he asked, confused.
"The night in the hospital. I offered you a deal." He was thinking about it, but didn't seem to remember, or didn't want to remember. "I said, if you tell me your secret, I'll tell you mine."
"Oh right. Yeah, that's not gonna happen."
"So you admit that you have a secret."
"Not at all. There's just no secret to be told."
"Then I don't have a secret to be told either."
"Su-Mi, come on."
"No, you come on!" I was getting impatient. "If you wanna know my secret, you need to tell me yours first. Simple as that." He just scoffed at that, then looked at me again with forrowed brows.
"Wait a minute. Almost everyone?"
"Come again?"
"You said that almost everyone knows just as much about you as me. Almost. Which means, someone knows everything. Also meaning, that there is more to it. Just like I supsected."
"I never hid the fact, that I had a secret. Unlike you. Otherwise, I don't know what you're talking about."
"Who knows, Su-Mi?" I didn't answer. "It's Jang Han-Seok, isn't it?" Now it was my time to scoff. Never in a million years would I admit that there was one person, who knew absolutely everything about me. Every single dark part of my existence. I just didn't trust Vincenzo enough yet to lay everything on the table. And as long as he didn't come clean, I wouldn't either.
"I've got no time for this. If you'll excuse me, I was on my way to a ... date."
"A date?", he asked.
"Yes." Then he finally seemed to notice my outfit and his eyes widened, looking me up and down.
"With whom?"
"None of your business, since we don't tell each other anything", I said and started to walk away.
He was following me. "Come on, Su-Mi. Don't be like that."
"Like what? I'm just in a rush. Bye, Vincenzo", I said getting in my car.
As I was driving off, I still saw him in my side mirror, standing there, watching me leave.