Chapter 32 - A Matter of Trust

The next day I called Han-Seo to pick me up and meet with Vincenzo, after Han-Seok left for work.

As The Gang (Vincenzo, Cha-Young, Han-Seo, Mr. Nam and me) arrived at a café, everyone looked at me expectantly.
"What?", I asked.
"What do you mean 'what'? Did you convince him or not?", Cha-Young asked impatiently.
"I asked him to come to my apartment last night, what he did. Then I told him, that I was taking his side. I said that I couldn't trust you, Vincenzo, because apparently you want to k*ll me, reminding him of the "C" and of what you said at his house. That seemed convincing enough for him."
"Really? That was all it took for him to trust you? Either he is dumber than he looks or you're b*llsh*tting", Cha-Young said.
"What? You don't believe me?"
"Not one bit", she retorted.
We stared each other down for what seemed like an eternity till I crumbled.
"Fine! You got me! That was not the only thing I did to fully get him on board", I admitted with an eye-roll.
"I knew it. You f*cked him, didn't you?", she said accusingly, her gaze briefly drifting to my neck. Sh*t! Was there a hickey or something?
"First of all: Language. Second: Maybe I used some female attributes to convince him of my choice, but I won't go into any detail on that."
"See! How are we supposed to trust her if she keeps f*cking the enemy!", she shouted, turning to Vincenzo.
"Language!", I chimed in.
"I won't discuss Su-Mi's s*xual relations. Point is, that she convinced him and that's the only thing that matters. How she does it, is completely up to her. I still trust her."
I looked at Vincenzo and gave him a thankful smile, but he avoided my gaze.
"Now that you're back in, could you maybe stop by his office and see if you can find out anything about what he's up to?", he asked, pretending to be busy with his coffee.
"Sure."
"What? You think he will just tell her everything? Not even his brother knows about his plans", Cha-Young said, gesturing at Han-Seo.
"It's worth a try. You see, I did some thinking and maybe found the anwser to Han-Seok's and Su-Mi's connection: He trusts her. He thinks he finally found his match, that's why he's so intrigued by her. He trusts her more than me, because he thinks they're the same", Han-Seo gave his opinion.
"There you have it. Even Han-Seok thinks they're the same." Cha-Young just couldn't leave it alone, could she?
"Enough! We need to trust each other if we want to take him down. Stop with the fighting already. Miss Kim has been nothing but helpful so far and I think we really should take advantage of the fact that Mr. Jang is so fond of her. So stop misstrusting her. If you find yourself unable to trust her then trust us. Trust Mr. Cassano."
I looked at Mr. Nam, dumbfounded. That was a real passionate speech.
"Thank you, Mr. Nam. I will go now and try to do something useful, unlike someone, who only complains all the time", I said and threw Cha-Young a cold stare. "You coming, Han-Seo?"
"Yeah, sure. Bye, guys", he said and stumbled after me.