Chapter 27 - Quick Release

After the incident with the pig bl**d, Han-Seok decided to flee the country and lay low in New York for a while. As he was just about to leave, Prosecuter Jung arrived with another warrant for Han-Seok's arrest. Not again.
I looked over at Han-Seok with worry, whereas he appeared to be very calm. Too calm.

What was going on?"I will go with him as his attorney", I said, stepping forward

What was going on?
"I will go with him as his attorney", I said, stepping forward.
"No, I will be his attorney", Mrs. Choi chimed in.
"What are you doing?", I asked angrily.
"I have a plan. Just stay here and let me handle this, Su-Mi", she said smiling.
"Who do you take as your attorney, Mr. Jang?", Prosecuter Jung asked. I gave Mrs. Choi a triumphant smile, because I knew he's going to pick me.
"Mrs. Choi will accompany me." My face fell. Was he serious? Without a word I turned around and left, passing a smiling Han-Seo, who I didn't pay much mind to at that time.
"Su-Mi!", Han-Seok called after me. I don't even know why though, when he had his beloved Mrs. Choi by his side. So I kept on walking.

As I was still sulking in my office and trying to focus on some work, I got a text from Han-Seo, telling me to come to Han-Seok's house. I didn't understand it, since Han-Seok was in jail, but ok.

By the time I arrived, Mrs. Choi already received me in front of Han-Seok's house. Of course she was here too.
"Hello, Su-Mi", she greeted me, while I just gave her a simple nod.
"I waited out here because I wanted to talk to you. Alone." I just kept silent, waiting for what she had to say to me.
"What is going on with you recently?"
"What do you mean?", I asked, knowing exactly what she was talking about.
"You were a little distant lately. We always worked well together, but not anymore. So, tell me what's wrong."
"I don't know, maybe it has something to do with you always butting in", I said. "My work", I added in a hurry as I saw her frown. "You're always butting in my work."
"When did I ever butt in? We work together. As a team."
"Like when Mr. Jang Han-Seok was arrested earlier and I stated that I would be his attorney. You totally embarrassed me!"
"That wasn't my intention, Su-Mi. I just had an idea, so I offered to go with him instead. I never meant to offend you."
"And you couldn't give me a hint before I made a total *ss out of myself?" Mrs. Choi looked at me suspiciously before a smug smile crept on her face.
"Is this really about work or something else?", she asked bluntly.
"I have no clue what you're talking about", I said in a harsh tone.
"Could this be about Mr. Jang? Are you jealous?"
"Oh please. What should I be jealous of? That's ridiculous. Now, if you'll excuse me, Han-Seo is waiting."
"Sure. Han-Seo", she mumbled and followed me inside. Dumb b*tch.
I was surprised to find Han-Seok sitting in his living room, giving me a cocky grin.
"How did you get out so fast?" Oh right, your great attorney was with you, I thought, still not being able to let it go.
"What do you think? I'm Jang Han-Seok, the chairman of Babel", he stated.
"You bribed them", I said.
"Of course we did", Mrs. Choi chimed in and made her way over to sit next to Han-Seok. Don't over do it, Mrs. Choi.
"That was your great plan?"
"It worked, didn't it?", she asked.
"But seriously, we need to think of a way to get rid of Vincenzo. If we can't k*ll him, what we've tried several times, we need to think of another way", Mr. Han said.
"So you all know what to do", Han-Seok said.
"Then I better go and wreck my brain", I said and stormed out, just as quickly as I came, with absolutely no intention of thinking about how to get rid of Vincenzo. He got his super lawyer, so she should come up with a solution. Vincenzo isn't doing anything to me, so why should I be concerned about him?
I knew I behaved like a little brat, but while Han-Seok put another woman before me and Vincenzo not disrespecting me like that, I was #TeamVincenzo for the time being.