Chapter 20 - The ride home

After the meeting ended with unsatisfactory results, I sat in my car, quickly texting back Na-Ri, who already peltered me with questions. As I was finally ready to leave, the engine wouldn't start. Oh no. Not now! Everyone was already gone. I tried again and again, and again and again, but to no avail. When someone knocked on my window, they starteled me so much, that I let out a little scream. Looking outside I saw Vincenzo, who must have found my reaction very amusing, judging by his chuckles.
"Hey", I said once I opened the driver's door.
"Having trouble with your car?"
"Looks like it."
"Do you want me to give you a lift?", he asked.
"Oh, no. You don't have to. I'm just gonna call my friend."
"Don't be silly. Your friend doesn't have to drive all the way, whereas I'm already here." I thought about it, while he looked at me with those big innocent eyes. You know what I'm talking about.

 You know what I'm talking about

"Ok. Thank you", I agreed with a small smile. In response he offered me a hand to help me out and even opened the door for me, when we reached his car. Cute!
"No Lamborghini this time?", I asked with a humorous smile.
"Why? You liked it?"
"Oh yes. A lot actually. I love sports cars and Lamborghinis are my favourites. That was an Aventador right?" He looked impressed. "Indeed it was."
"I only didn't like the colour so much."
"What do you like then?" In that moment it kind of felt like he wasn't talking about the car anymore. Nevertheless, I continued with our conversation, like I didn't notice.
"For an amazing car like this it should have been white, or black, or even yellow. Orange would have been acceptable too. But blue? No. Maybe a darker blue, yes. But not baby blue."
"Alright. I'm gonna think about your preferences next time."
"Next time?", I asked surprised. Instead of replying he just gave me a playful smile.
The rest of the drive home was really nice. We were chatting about all kinds of things that had nothing to do with Jipuragi or Babel for once. But all too soon we reached my appartement.
"Thank you for driving me home, Vincenzo. Really."
"It's ok, Su-Mi. Anytime."
We looked at one another for a while, lost in each other's eyes and I even caught myself leaning foward. What the h*ll?!
"So! I better get going then", I abruptly said, ending our magic moment. What followed were awkward glances and hurriedly mumbled goodbyes.
I walked up to my front door, thinking that I felt way too comfortable around Vincenzo. That was not good, maybe I should have remembered who he was and where my loyalties layed.
The next day I magically found my car parked and perfectly working in front of my building.