Chapter 41 - A Blast From The Past

We eventually landed in Italy after a long and tiring flight.
"You never told me what we're doing in Italy", Han-Seok said after we left the airport.
"I have to get rid of my old boss", I answered.
"Paolo?", he asked. I almost forgot that they already knew each other.
"Yes. Paolo."
"And when you say get rid you mean ..." He threw me a mischievous smile.
As an answer I just threw him a huge grin. He was right, I wanted to k*ll Paolo. He has been a pain in my *ss ever since I stopped reporting. And the less people looked for me, the bigger the chance of Han-Seok and I living our life in peace. I mean, I knew that Vincenzo wouldn't give up, but I thought that I could handle him. Him and Paolo on the other hand? Not so much. So I had to eliminate at least one of them. Easy choice if you ask me.
"Want me to help?", Han-Seok asked eagerly.
"Oh, honey. By now you should know that I don't need anyone's help with anything", I said, putting a hand on his cheek. "And another thing is, you still need to watch your wound, baby", I reminded him and gingerly touched the spot, where Vincenzo's torture device bored into his beautiful body. He looked at me with a pout. Adorable.
"But you'll let me come with you, right?"
"Sure", I said with a huge smile.

As we arrived at Paolo's villa, I walked up to the gate, which was guarded by security, while Han-Seok waited in the car.
"Miss Kim", one of the guards said with wide eyes.
"I'm here to talk to Mr. Cassano", I said in a stern voice.
"Of course, Miss Kim. Just one second, please", he said and took out his phone. Meanwhile I patiently waited to be let in.
"Miss Kim, boss is ready to see you now", the security guard announced and opened the gate. I nodded in response and made my way back to my car.
"This is so cool. I'm gonna enter a Mafia bosses house", Han-Seok said giddily, which caused me to chuckle. He can be just so adorable sometimes.
"Tone it down a notch, will you?", I said and drove up to Paolo's house. We wouldn't want to get him too excited, would we? Before we got out of the car I held Han-Seok back at his arm.
"Could you do me a favour?", I said in a sweet voice.
"Anthing, baby", he replied with a huge smile.
"When we are inside and I give you a sign, then you'll go outside to take a call. But what you're really gonna do is, put this little thing", I retrieved a small device from my glove department, "on this yellow Lamborghini over there", I finished and pointed at Paolo's car.

 But what you're really gonna do is, put this little thing", I retrieved a small device from my glove department, "on this yellow Lamborghini over there", I finished and pointed at Paolo's car

"Don't worry, it'll stick."
"Just put it anywhere?", he asked.
"Yes. As long as it's hidden."
"Got it", he agreed and put the device in the inner pocket of his suit. "What's the sign?", he asked.
"Let's make it something naughty", I said and thought of something. "What about I'll give you a little pinch?"
"Boring", he sounded disappointed.
"In your butt", I added.
"That sounds way better, baby. But why don't you make it my d*ck?", he asked, mischief twinkling in his eyes.
"I promise, when we're alone, I'll do that and much more."
"Careful. Don't get me excited before the job." His voice was low and hoarse at this point.
"A little excitement never k*lled anybody", I said with a cheeky wink.
Before things could boil over I gave him a quick peck and made my way to Paolo's mansion.
"Su-Mi! Where the f*ck have you been?! Why did you stop reporting back to me?!"
"Nice to see you too, Paolo. I couldn't report back, because Vincenzo figured out that something wasn't right."
"Merda! That slick b*stard! And who the f*ck is this?" He looked at Han-Seok. "Wait a minute. I know you. Yeah. You are that guy who called me about Vincenzo." Han-Seok smiled at him politely. "Did you know that he asked me all kinds of questions about you too?", he then asked me.
"Oh I know how you snitched about me. But all water under the bridge. He's my man now", I said and smiled at Han-Seok.
"Yeah, I'm her man", he repeated and put an arm around my waist, pulling me closer.
"Nevertheless, you know better than to bring outsiders here and what happens to them, Su-Mi", he said threateningly.
"You better watch it, Paolo. Touch him and I'll tell Vincenzo everything. You very well know he let you off with a warning last time", I said in a low voice. Paolo stared at me in anger, but held back with further threats.
"Why are you here, Su-Mi?", he finally asked.
"I'm here to tell you that I quit. Like I said, he was onto me, so I'm unable to proceed. If I do, I'll be dead", I said with a sweet smile.
"Merda!", he shouted once more.
"I take it that you accept my resignation. I'd like my payment now", I said, unfazed by his outburst. What can I say? I'm used to psychos.
"Payment? For what? You failed", he said with a mocking smile, which I returned with yet another sweet one. I moved away from Han-Seok, but not before pinching him in his juicy buttocks and slowly made my way over to Paolo, walking past him. Then I took out a little pocket knife, that I always carried with me and held it against his throat.
"I think you misunderstood. I wasn't asking. And you're gonna double it if you want me to keep my mouth shut", I softly spoke into his ear.
"You greedy little puttana!"
"Ya! You heard the lady", Han-Seok intervened.
"Exactly. You heard me. What can I say? My man and I need a do-over. That requires a lot of money. So don't take it personal", I added. Paolo seemed to understand the situation, so he faltered.
"Fine. Who am I to stand in the way of love", he said. "Release me and I give you what I promised."
"Double", I corrected.
"Double of what I promised."
"I don't mean to be rude, but I'm getting a call that I have to take. Be right back", Han-Seok said, remembering my instructions and made his way outside. Now I eased up on Paolo, who called some of his goons to get my money. Meanwhile I waited, sitting on his couch, closely following every of his movements.
"So, you got a boyfriend now?", he suddenly asked, trying to strike up a conversation. I kept silent and just smiled in response.
"Funny thing. I always thought you would end up with Vincenzo. Especially after you stopped reporting", he said chuckling.
"Why would you think that?", I asked with peaked interest. "It could have also been a possibility that he k*lled me."
"No, I never thought so. If he did, he would have gloated to me about it and you also seemed too tough for that to happen. That's why I hired you in the first place", he answered honestly.
"I'll take that compliment. Still, why did you think I would end up with Vincenzo?", I insisted
"Well, there are many reasons why. First: Even if I hate to admit it, but he can be oh so charming. Second: You're totally his type and Third: I had a feeling that he could also be your type", he looked at me, just waiting to confirm his suspicions. Sorry, to disappoint.
"See, that's where you're wrong, Paolo. Han-Seok is exactly my type."  Not gonna give him the satisfaction.
Right on cue Han-Seok walked back in and so did one of Paolo's goons with a briefcase. He put it on a table and opened it.
"Satisfied?", Paolo asked.