part 65. a big change

after spending a lovely week at the cabin, talking and working things out, violet and ashton came home a few days ago.

however, this time, ashton went home to his place and violet went back to her apartment. only to check things were as they should be.

they wouldn't be apart for long.. because violet would be moving in with him.

she didn't feel like it was real. neither did ashton. seeing as violet was very quick to agree to everything once they talked about it. it was a weirdly short conversation.

more of, 'you wanna move in with me?' and a quick, 'yes let's do it!' there actually wasn't much of a conversation. violet was sure she's okay with it, so, no need to wait.

violet has been packing up some things from her apartment today while ashton rearranged a few things at his house for her.

lisa agreed to help violet with getting everything together to take over to ashton's place. she wouldn't have been able to do it all herself.

"this is a cute photo," lisa says, holding onto another photo violet had up on the wall in her room. "where is it from?"

violet walks over, seeing the photo, the one when she went hiking with the guys, "it's from the hiking trails, that was near to when i first moved here," she explains. "that's one of the first pictures i ever got with ash."

lisa nods, placing the photo into the box violet asked her to pack. she picks up the next photo, this time, the one on her desk.

"what about this one?" she asks, raising her eyebrows.

a photo from a distance of violet and ashton kissing, with some beautiful fireworks in the background.

"oh," violet smiles awkwardly. "calum, um, sent that to me. it's from new year's eve. our first kiss."

"aw, honey," lisa smiles. "that's very sweet."

violet walks away again, continuing with what she was doing. lisa finds more photos, also looking through the ones violet had packed before she came to help.

the first, a selfie with all of her friends here, a pool behind them. when they had the pool day at ashton's house, the first time she slept over.

second, ashton and violet standing together, a christmas tree behind them. christmas at luke's house, violet asked him to take the picture of them.

finally, a photo of violet in her bridesmaid dress with ashton in his blue suit. a photo rose took while they were dancing at sophia's wedding. one of the only good memories from that night.

lisa smiles to herself. she couldn't be happier that violet has found happiness here. with friends, with ashton. she's grateful that ashton is being so good to her, that's all she wanted for her niece.

"i hate to ask," lisa speaks while continuing to pack. "but, have you called rose or your parents recently to tell them you're moving in with ashton?"

violet stops what she's doing for a moment, two vinyls in her hands that she's packing up. has she spoken to rose? of course, she's her sister. her parents on the other hand? no way.

"i texted rose yesterday," violet says. "haven't told mom or dad yet. i hate to think what they'd say about it. probably something along the lines of 'you've only been together for four months, you're going to ruin things violet.' you know?"

"maybe i should have a word with your mother." lisa suggests, now turned to violet. "that seemed to work for a while last time."

"only because you threatened to fly over to ohio to put her in her place." violet laughs. "that won't really work the same now i'm living here."