part 84. is that a hickey?

there's a knocking sound. it goes away. then it comes back again.

but where is it coming from?

violet thinks she must be dreaming. someone must be knocking on something in her dream. then she hears talking. it sounds like ashton's voice, urging her to wake up. he starts kissing her cheek, causing her to subconsciously smile. what a nice dream to be having.

wait...

"violet," ashton brushes her hair behind her ears. "you need to wake up, sweet girl."

slowly, her senses come to her, feeling ashton's lips connecting with her skin, the sound of his voice properly registering. she blinks her eyes open, feeling slightly confused as she doesn't know what's going on.

"hi, bubba," ashton's soft smile is the first thing she sees. "i didn't wanna wake you up like this but cal's at the door."

her eyes widen, "what? already?" she sits up quickly. "what's the time?"

"vi, lay back down, love," ashton places his hand on her shoulder, getting her to lay back. "i texted to let him know i'd be out soon and that we overslept."

she rubs her eyes, letting out a long yawn as she lays with them closed again. ashton lays on his side next to her, running his index finger up and down her arm.

"how are you feeling?"

"hm, yea, i'm good," she looks towards him, smile on her face. "was everything...okay, last night?"

"it was perfect," ashton cups her cheek in his palm softly, caressing his thumb back and fourth. "everything was good for you?"

"more than good," she leans into his touch. "felt more loved than i have in a long time."

"good, because i love you very much."

"and i love you more, ash."

"are you sure about that?"

"very sure."

"if you say so," he pecks her lips quickly. "now i should probably go before calum gets impatient."

violet laughs quietly as ashton presses a kiss to her cheek before getting up out of bed. that's when she notices he's already dressed and ready to leave the house.

"i must've been tired," she chuckles. "didn't even hear you get up to get ready for your breakfast."

"tired you out last night," ashton raises his eyebrows. "think i can tire you out again sometime?"

violet hits his arm at the comment, she rolls her eyes as he just chuckles. he leans down for one last kiss before he leaves, being jokingly pushed away.

"go get your breakfast," violet sits up in bed, folding her arms.

ashton walks to the door, waving one last time before actually leaving. he goes downstairs, quickly getting his shoes on before heading out of the front door where calum has been waiting in his car.

ashton heads over, getting into the passenger seat, "hey, sorry about that, we overslept."

"all good, happy birthday," calum smiles. "late night?"

"long night."

calum gives a confused look, "long night... as in you—"

"we should get to breakfast," ashton cuts him off. "yea?"

"gotcha," calum nods his head, knowing that wouldn't be something ashton will talk about.

as they start driving, it isn't long before michael drives past them, on the way to the house they just left. luckily ashton didn't notice.