Part 9: There Are No Strings On Me

I look up at the creature before me, my eyes wide as it gazes down with a devilish smirk

I look up at the creature before me, my eyes wide as it gazes down with a devilish smirk. "You are the one who has released me! I shall take your body and the power of the Chaquetrix and make it my own!" She spoke in a creepy raspy voice. I started to back up a bit as she lunged at me.

"Fuck this shit! AZMUTH!" I manage to dodge being sliced in half by her sharp talons as I scramble to my feet and burst out the door running through the halls of the lab. I look back seeing the ghost girl slam into the wall opposite the one she shifted through. Her size had grown and it seemed like she was tearing at her skin. Tentacles spilled forth and lunged at me as I dodged out of the way. 

This was completely fucked. What is with this girl!? I need help and fast. I look to my watch but notice the red coloring. I try to pop the plate out as it seemingly hummed out and sputtered. 

"UNKNOWN ERROR, REBOOT MODE ACTIVATED. PLEASE HOLD."

"ONTO WHAT!?" I start sprinting down the hall before I feel a slimy tentacle wrap around my foot. It yanks me back as I'm flung into a wall at high speeds. In an instant I hear a sickening crack as blood spurts from my lips.

"Gah... fuck... I don't have any resistances... It's like the watch didn't even summon her." I spoke to myself as I could feel some ribs floating in my chest as I hurt from head to toe.

"That's because I clawed my way out of that wretched thing. Now be a good boy and submit to your mistress~" A claw wraps around my throat as it clamps down blocking my airway. I gag and gasp out trying to take in any air I can as she puts on a wicked smile. I find my footing and manage to plant my foot into her torso. She yelled out as I gasped as much air as I could. The adrenaline pumping in my veins, I make a break for it. 

My body screaming at me to stop and rest but I couldn't. I needed to get to the main lab with Azmuth. He can help me. I practically limp sprint as fast as I can as her horrific shrieks could be heard slowly closing in on me. I look back as her chest and maw had opened as rows of teeth soared my way.

I ducked under her quickly as I rounded a corner, not the right direction but I can loop around. I needed to be quick. I scramble to my feet still seeing the Chaquetrix rebooting. It must be because of her escaping. She practically fried the thing.

"Come back here human! Let me feast on your flesh!"

"No thanks! I haven't showered yet! I taste terrible!"

How in the fuck can I be joking right now!? I'm gonna die!

I see the lab in sight. I sprint as fast as I can bursting into the door as Azmuth looks at me stunned.

"What in the world are you doing L/N!?" I waste no time pointing towards the ghost girl who soared through the door pinning me down and wrapping me in tentacles. "AZMUTH IT'S TRYING TO KILL ME!"

"QUIET BOY! LET ME DEVOUR YOUR SOUL!" She spoke as a tentacle reared back and slammed down my throat. I gaged at the awful feeling as I could feel my energy being sapped as she became intangible. She was trying to fucking possess me! "Succumb to me~" She whispered as I could feel my body losing control as I was being taken over. Seriously this is the worst way to die. My vision started to go dark as I was losing consciousness. Fuck, I'm sorry guys... Guess this is it for me...