Part 13: Charming (+18)

Ben, Gwen and Kevin found themselves arriving at Y/N's house late in the evening. However it seems that Gwen has decided to completely change up her wardrobe, not only that she's sporting a new haircut. They walk up to the door and ring the door bell.

"Wonder what all this is about... It's not like him to suddenly call us in the middle of the night." Gwen said her voice showing hints of concern. She hated to admit it but she felt horrible for how she had been treating Y/N. She hated herself more for how long it took for her to realise this. She hadn't been herself and though perhaps a change was needed as a distraction.

The door opened revealing Crash. She looked at the three with a concerned look and opened the door widely. "Come on, he's in here." She said as she led them in closing the door. Walking through the house it was oddly freezing.

"Geez did his AC go on the fritz?" Ben asked shivering slightly as he rubbed his arms. Crash didn't seem bothered by this as she spoke up. "The watch was damaged in an attack. We didn't realise until he arrived home just how bad it was. It's messing with his body and he's burning up quite a fucking bit."

They rounded the corner as Y/N sat on the couch his shirt off as Cassie practically was wrapped around his chest as her body was helping to cool him down. Grace was assessing him with some tools and equipment trying to ascertain how to help him out. He opened his once shut eyes and moved the cloth on his face as he looked to the group and noticed Gwen's Outfit.

 He opened his once shut eyes and moved the cloth on his face as he looked to the group and noticed Gwen's Outfit

"New combat outfit?" He asked, his voice gravelly and sickly as he squinted in the already dark room.

"Uh yeah..."

"Bitchin, looks good." He said as he placed the cloth back on his face. The trio looked at each other and moved to the opposite couch. They stayed in silence for a bit before Y/N spoke up in a sighed voice.

"You can talk for fuck's sake. It's only light that wants to kill me, not sound." He said as a pained chuckle left his lips. Crash sat next to him gently rubbing his thigh as his hand found hers giving it a gentle squeeze. She pressed her head against his shoulder a bit as Ben spoke up.

"What happened bud? You look terrible..."

"I feel dead honestly, burning up with a fever of 41 degrees Celcius. And yes I used the RIGHT metric system, you can fight me in the comments I don't care..." He spoke as they all looked confused.

"It's clear his fever is at such a state where he has become delusional, he's been talking about fingers on a keyboard dictation the will of every creature in this universe. He's half a degree shy of being in danger of convulsions." Grace said as she worked her best to help bring his temperature down while Cassie made her hand intangible and pushed it into his chest. He shuddered a bit before Cassie removed her hand.

"I-I've done my best to keep him at this temperature. I've tried to lower it but I-I'm at risk of d-damaging his organs if I f-flash freeze them..." The ghost girl spoke in a meek trembling voice as she hoped she could be of more use.