Part 17: Trial Stage: End (18+)

"So the watch gave me a reward?"

Y/N sat in his living room with pimp frog  Azmuth who was currently explaining some more nuanced features of the Chaquetrix. Hope was around helping Gwen out with some Magic tracking for DNAliens. Apparently Gwen has been getting messages and projections from some aliens that are stepping in as Plumbers. Apparently a Kinceleran Woman and a Tetramand Male. Sadly Y/N was too busy with his training with Azmuth to get to meet them.

"Indeed. I realised that sex, past a certain point, cannot always be a reward. Else it becomes tedious and mundane. So I decided to add in the Gear feature to work alongside the resistances and abilities the girls give you." Azmuth said as he brought up some data as the male read through it.

"Right, so explain what does this Gear System even do? I wasn't exactly Compos Mentis while using it." Y/N said as Ben gave him a side glance. Y/N looked over and smirked. "Oh right I forget you're an idiot. It means 'of sound mind' got it?"

Ben simply raised both hands giving the finger while the other gave a thumbs up. With that Y/N nodded and turned back to the conversation as Ben went back to slurping on his smoothie.

"Simply put I took inspiration from this universes Omnitrix to help increase your battle potential. Think of the gear system like your earths cars. The first gear is simply used to jumpstart the process. That was why you were able to use a single spark to call forth the power of a Pyronite. So far you have access up to the third gear. Anything more at this stage without proper training will result in injury." Azmuth said hopping onto the lid of his smoothie cup taking a large sip. Y/N just leaned back and nodded.

"With Pyronite as an example, what would each gear entail?" Y/N asked as Azmuth gave a smirk and brought up five images of Y/N using the Pyronite abilities. Each was more detailed than the last.

"Well the First is obviously the ability to use flame without destroying your body. Simple. The second would be the calcification of skin to form rock and molten structures on the hands and feet allowing for better sustained combat and even short bursts of aerial flight. The third gear would extend the calcification up to the shoulders and upper thighs. This increases durability and effective flame production. Fourth gear takes a drastic change as your body would break and transform a layer of skin to create a rock shell armor encompassing most if not the whole body. Still human but armored and much more destructive." Azmuth explained as Y/N swiped through the images and their details before landing his eyes on the fifth gear.

"Woah."

"Woah indeed. Fifth gear is the complete shift in DNA to fully assimilate into a Pyronite. This comes with every ability at their disposal. In a sense fifth gear transformations for any alien you summon will be like using the Omnitrix in its base state. However like its prototype variant it can only last for so long. A few minutes at a time. And it WILL drain your energy levels. I'm basically saying its a last resort." Azmuth spoke as he flopped down resting against the smoothie cup.

"Go on, praise my genius boy."

"It sure as hell is impressive. If not a little scary honestly. Are you sure its wise to give me this much power?" Y/N asked as Azmuth opened his eyes and rolled them with a sigh.

"Kid, the way I see it. Ben grew up with the help of his cousin and Grandfather to assist him in battle. You are doing this practically by yourself. Your friends occasionally help but this will ensure that you can fight just as well as young Tennyson." He said as Ben jutted it.

"He has a point. I've been doing this for years. For you? It's been a month dude. You need all the help you can get. Things get hairy quickly." He stated as Y/N could only nod in agreement.