Part 15

##

Jungkook sits cross-legged on the couch in his office, his iPad in hand as he goes through the Board report for the nth time these past five days.

Manager Lee and Chin-sun have put together the logistics, construction, and design departments' reports with the VP's and Jungkook is supposed to sign these off for submission to the CEO today, who then approves it for submission to the Board members. They have until Friday to review it in time for the meeting happening that same day.

This consolidated report was finalized last Wednesday and Jungkook has been reviewing it everyday since then, including his presentation, making minimal comments and then taking notes on things he's unfamiliar with. Granted, he's reporting about the quarter when he's only been Vice President for a month, which makes you incredibly instrumental in his preparations. As the executive assistant, you have the information that Jungkook needs from Hoseok's time, and so you've also been spending everyday since Wednesday answering all of Jungkook's questions.

You don't mind, really, as they're details you know by heart. It also allows you to show him how involved and meticulous you were under Hoseok's leadership, and Jungkook's hums and mumbles of appreciation have helped you gain back the confidence that you lost.

Even if your self-esteem decreased this past month because of the very person sitting in front of you, the fact that Jungkook's been showing - in his own ways - his trust in you is enough to lift your spirits. He did admit last week that he needs you - something you hadn't expected him to say - and you could tell it took so much from him to be able to verbalize it. But you suppose you needed that honesty, too; you needed to know that after all that frustration and anger during the first few weeks, there was that realization on his end that you have his back, and you're just as capable as what everyone has been saying you are.

"What information do you need from me, Mr. Jeon?" You finally ask.

It's been a good five minutes since Jungkook had asked for you and you've just been standing in front of him while he scrolls through the screen, perhaps giving another final look before he finally sends the document to his father.

"Nothing," he sighs, rolling his head back and closing his eyes. "I just... I just need someone to tell me to stop reviewing this report. I need this out of my sight but I can't stop checking to make sure everything is okay."

You look at him intently while he speaks. The tension in his entire face and body is visible, you can even feel it in the room. You feel for him, as he tries to hide the anxiety and desperation. You can tell that he just wants to do well so badly. With the amount of time he's been spending just going through this, his perfectionist tendency surfaces, and you're at least thankful that it hasn't turned him back into an asshole. At least not yet.

"You need to stop reviewing the report, Mr. Jeon, and let it go," you say as instructed but with sincerity in your words. "You've been on this for days. Manager Lee and Chin-sun have reviewed it, and so have I. CEO Jeon could still suggest changes and we won't know them until he's reviewed it, but we at least have the details ironed out. If I may suggest, you can send the file to him in the next hour so you can now focus on practicing for your presentation. That may be a better use of your time."

Jungkook opens his eyes and turns to you. There's assurance in your words and your voice and like what he told himself he'd do, he'll trust you and the team. He's seen how hard everyone has been working for this - Manager Lee and Chin-sun have done so well in consolidating and cross-checking everything; Do-hyun's presentation is simple yet effective, and Yohan, who's back from the hospital, has been adding in all the needed details. And there's you, making sure that everything and everyone is on track, even as you prepare for Jungkook's upcoming events.