Part 26

**

You walk around the store in awe of the luscious plants displayed on the shelves, your eyes as bright as the lights that shine over them. There are so many to choose from, and though you have an idea of what you want to have, it's tough deciding which ones to get right now. The money tree is a must, so is the Chinese evergreen. But do you go for the orchid or the peace lily? Can you keep up with a spider plant? How many of the asparagus ferns should you get?

Your eyes flit from one plant to the next, eventually deciding on getting everything on your list then placing them on the cart for payment.

Jimin chuckles next to you. "Since when were you a plant mom?"

"Since she got that aloe vera from Yoongi and she was convinced that she has a green thumb after it didn't die," Soomin deadpans next to you as you frown at her sarcasm. "That's also after my weekly reminders to water the plant because 'no care' doesn't actually mean it's going to survive on its own."

"Oh, shush," you scoff at her. "You told me I was doing a good job."

"You'd send a photo every few days, hun," she laughs. "What else was I supposed to say?"

"True. I needed the encouragement," you shrug, paying for your haul. "But also, I'm a plant newbie. Yoongi said that I probably need some of them at home and in the office for positive energy and he's not wrong. All the frustration from months ago just accumulated in my apartment and I need a change."

"So... Is Yoongi a plant dad, too?" Soomin wonders.

"No. He just knows about a lot of things," you reply. "Plus, he's an architect and a designer. He knows a thing or two about plant decor."

"Why isn't he here with you, then?" She arches an eyebrow.

"Because I'm with both of you, duh," you roll your eyes. "And before you say anything more, I don't really like mixing my work friends with my personal friends. It's different."

"Well, I'm glad we could join you on this new phase of your life," Jimin tries to be encouraging. "It's like turning over a new leaf."

You scold him over his terrible pun but laugh anyway, enjoying the comfort and playfulness that only your best friends could bring. They picked you up from work last Friday then you all headed to a club after dinner. You spent yesterday at a beach at their insistence then stayed in during the evening. It's now Sunday and you're dragging them around as you run errands before saying goodbye to them again, and it's not a normal day without Soomin mentioning Yoongi. Perhaps it's because of all the guys you've mentioned that have taken interest in you, he's the only true green flag; he's also the only one you didn't entertain at all. You suppose that's something she'll not really get over.

The three of you head to a nearby cafe. Jimin excitedly talks about the latest menu item in their chain of restaurants while Soomin groans about the stuff she has to deal with as she manages her family-owned shipping company that's the biggest in the port city of Busan. They turn to you and ask how the rest of your week is going to go, with slightly surprised looks when you don't talk about work with as much disdain as you used to. There's excitement, even, something that Soomin points out, and when you mention that Jungkook is on an overseas trip, she assumes that's the reason why.

"Not really," you clarify. "He arrives tomorrow evening, but the week's packed - we're visiting the Arts Center for inspection and then I'm doing an ocular with Chin-sun for the VP events we're holding in the next few months. I mean, I won't be buried in files nor will I be in meetings all week. So yeah, it's not bad."

"That's good," Jimin beams. "At least it's nothing like how it used to be. Right?"

"It's a lot better, I told you guys," you say, reminding them of a similar talk you had the last time they were here, which was a week after you'd gotten sick. "Jungkook is... rational, less grumpy and impulsive; he also listens to me and trusts me. He's even smiled a few times."