Part 21

**

The days fly by too quickly for your liking and you haven't been able to take a breath. You had a meeting with the organizing committee of the Appointment Dinner most of last Friday and you spent your weekend coordinating with the designers for the Arts Center launch. It's been last minute preparations these past two days and before you know it, Wednesday has come. You stayed late the night before and were gladly checked in at the hotel with the other assistants, so you at least got a bit of sleep even if your body felt like it continued to stay awake.

But tonight is important, as the newly appointed executives will be formally introduced to the corporation's directors, shareholders, and subsidiary companies. You've been organizing this with the planning committee since the appointments were announced, and given that coordinating events like this is one of your primary tasks, you're exhausted and excited and nervous all at once. But it's the second time you're doing this and you've learned so much since you did this for Hoseok. There's more knowledge, sure, but there's also more confidence. You also know enough to eat before the guests arrive and at 3PM, it's exactly what you do, knowing you won't have much else until the event ends.

The other employees compliment your dress, and you're too shy to say who had designed it but you eventually do, knowing it's good for Taehyung's brand. But you don't say much else, choosing instead to focus on the guest list as you're tasked to do, and you go around the events hall to make sure that the VIP name cards are placed on their proper tables. You're able to sneak bites of the canapes as you go, allowing yourself a flute of champagne for that kick you need to socialize with the guests tonight.

You engage with the early birds when they arrive, guiding them to their seats and putting on your most welcoming smile. You get Mr. Ri's message that they're nearby, so you head outside and stand by the entrance and wait for them, knowing Jungkook would want to know how things are going.

He exits the car in a black suit and white top, a statement brooch adorning his classic coat. The strands of his long hair are tucked behind his ears and he looks even more polished than usual, a look that catches attention; it definitely catches yours.

"Mr. Jeon," you bow in greeting. "Some of your invited guests have arrived."

"Have you spoken to them?" He asks, as you walk slightly behind him towards the venue.

"I have, and they're looking forward to seeing you."

He nods, and just as he's about to enter the hall, he stops and turns towards you.

"You're busy tonight, aren't you?"

"Somewhat, sir," you reply. "We all have our tasks but I'm free to move around. Do you need help with anything?"

"Just, uh, names."

"I'll always be nearby," you assure him.

Your smile gives him the comfort he needs. He's been without it since yesterday afternoon, given that you had to prepare as part of the organizing committee. And while the support team and Yoongi have been encouraging, only you really know why every event such as this is important for him.

Jungkook has already made gains with some of the Board members last week; this time, it's about engaging everyone else - the staff, the partners, and key personalities in the industry. Hoseok and Ji-woo have done this before but it's Jungkook's first time. He's no longer just an executive in the Southeast Asian office; he's now the Vice President of the entire company. There's a lot of pressure that comes from carrying the Jeon family name, and even more being the only one of the two sons who's taking on such an important role.

The event hall is grand. It's pretty special, too. It's one of the projects he worked on as part of the design department years ago before he left for Singapore, and the thought makes him stop. Perhaps this is the reason why his father chose this venue for tonight; if anything, it's a reminder of what Jungkook is capable of. He takes a breath and looks around to soak everything in before approaching his invited guests - partners and consultants he worked with in his previous role.