Part 28

**

The construction of the Arts Center is going better than expected. Given some of the delays due to the wrong materials delivered and some permits that took a while to get, the workers were able to make up some ground, largely due to Jungkook's supervision. When you both visited a few weeks ago, there were many things to work on, and he managed to identify the priorities and find ways to get the project back on track.

It was during those few days of constantly being on site that you saw how efficient and effective he really works. You admired his precision and attention to detail, how he instructed the team leads and project managers and laborers, how he put together the design of one of the rooms just as he'd envisioned it.

He was commanding and decisive, and you appreciated his thorough and simple explanations that allowed you to keep up with him. He's said that he wants you to understand what's happening so that you're well-informed should you need to communicate to others on his behalf, and what initially intimidated you turned into something you became interested in. Since then, you've been watching design shows to help you further. The challenge was welcomed, and now you feel like everyday, you're learning something new on the job.

His instructions from that time were followed, and you're back today to inspect the rest of the spaces. Everything is so massive, and with one half of the wall of the performance hall already done, you can clearly see the upgrade. The details are impressive, and the way that the traditional designs merge with modern elements is a feature itself.

You're immersed in the intricacies of the ceiling, walking towards the wall to get a closer look that you don't immediately notice the workers walking past you with a massive slab of marble. The moment that you do, you step back too quickly, tripping on your heels, and just as you brace yourself to hit the ground, you instead feel your back against a firm chest, with hands on your elbows breaking your fall.

You sigh in relief, even leaning your head back because nothing could be more embarrassing than falling on your ass in front of many people, including your boss. That is, until the familiar scent of jasmine and bergamot wafts through your nose and you realize that what you just did is debatably more embarrassing than what could've happened.

The familiar clearing of the throat is what finally does it for you, and with wide eyes, you turn around and face him to apologize.

"I'm sorry, sir. I—"

"Was so much in awe that you didn't notice the workers passing by," he finishes, his slightly teasing smile calming you down.

"Ah, well of course. The details are too pretty," you reason, stepping back only a little. You look at him shyly. "But thank you. I was about to fall."

"I know. And I was about to lose it if my assistant got injured on the job."

"True. It's bad publicity, I guess," you shrug. "And distractions could cause delays. And that's bad, too."

"Or you know, I simply just can't have you injured, simple as that," he says with a little frown on his face.

"Imagine if I didn't see them? They could've dropped the marble and I would've completely lost it!"

"Why?" He arches an eyebrow.

"That slab is like, two months' worth of salary, Mr. Jeon."

"It's actually more but that's not the point," he fully frowns now. "If you didn't see them, then they could've hit you, and then you would be whining in pain right now. You could've gotten seriously hurt, ___."

His voice is firm and low, and you nod in acknowledgment because you also know he's right. The workers' vision was limited but yours wasn't; you were just too distracted and if you hadn't pulled early enough, that marble really could've done damage to you. And if it wasn't for Jungkook catching your fall, then something bad still would've happened to you.