Part 24

##

Mr. Ri loads the luggages in the trunk and you double check that all bags - which you helped pack yesterday - are complete. You enter the car right after and head to the airport where Jungkook will fly to Singapore for a few meetings and to attend Seokjin's alcohol launch party.

It's been over a month since the Arts Center event and so much has happened since then. Jungkook went to Jeju to meet an artist and then to Japan over a weekend to meet another two. He's been on calls with a few more with plans to meet in their country of residence in the next months, and he's gone around different local towns to meet with craftspeople for souvenirs and future exhibitions. He's also touched base with various national and international Korean arts and culture organizations for promotion and joint projects. The event opened doors for a new network that he hoped for. There are now proposals for other collaborations and side engagements that's doing a lot for the company's brand and expansion.

To say that Jungkook and the team have been busy is an understatement. You went back to work after those few days of recovering with everyone overwhelmed by all the things they had to do but like you expected, you all managed and got things organized. There are still multiple things to handle all at once, but everyone's just been on top of everything and showing how competent you all are as individuals and as a team.

Within that period, Jungkook has stopped by the team's office and the pantry more times than those first months. He also managed to laugh at Do-hyun's unfiltered remarks a few times and even slipped his own that got the team giggling. He's seemed a lot more relaxed and so has the team. Lunch meetings have been regular given all the work you all have to do. Yohan and Chin-sun even say that they've gotten to know Jungkook a little better through their visits to the Arts Center. And while they do think he's still a bit detached and catch him in his own world sometimes, he's a lot more engaged and is actually way smarter than they'd initially thought.

Jungkook checks his phone and sighs, prompting you to turn to him.

"Seokjin says the party is an intimate event but there's gonna be over two-fifty guests so I don't know about that," he shakes his head, showing you the restaurant bar where his friend will be launching his alcohol brand. "For some reason, he expects me and Tae to entertain guests on his behalf."

This was another development you hadn't expected. Since that morning when Jungkook sent you food when you were unwell, your relationship changed. It's still professional but there's more openness now, as if that prompted both of you to be comfortable around each other.

There's more trust and honesty, too - he lets you make decisions, lets you handle the team when he's away, and asks you for your unfiltered opinion. You feel like all the time you spend together has allowed you to learn how he sees and understands things; you even finish his sentences sometimes.

He's also loosened up a bit and allows himself to laugh and smile more. They're still rare occurrences but you never point them out, not wanting him to feel awkward and then stop. They often catch you off guard so you haven't been able to fully appreciate them but at least he feels comfortable around you, enough to even talk about non-work stuff and things that fill his mind, like random questions or small concerns.

You're unsure if he notices how uninhibited he's become but you don't point it out either. He still has his moments of living in his head, his faraway thoughts rendering him quiet and observant, and his perfectionist attitude means he's still critical sometimes. But he doesn't take anything out on you - not his frustrations nor his fears. He'd usually keep to himself and talk to you once he's cooled down and you'd take that any day, so long as you keep your sanity and are able to do your tasks as instructed.