Chapter 20 - Don't ever speak to me again (Colby Break-up)

WARNINGS: the only warning is this is pretty fucking sad... I'm so sorry! (more sad if you've read from the beginning :'()

Song and your cue to press play:

"Vampire - Olivia Rodrigo" - "it's in London..."

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

*2 weeks later*

Kacey's song, 'You Don't Know Me' went viral, she began to gain a much bigger fanbase as new viewers began following her musical journey. Kacey had been writing and working with Zack and Jake to put together an album hopefully to be released in the summer. Kacey sat on Colby's sofa in his bedroom as he was just out for a run. As he came home he walked in the room to find Kacey, lounged super comfortably editing the gangs new video. "Hey baby," he said softly as he smile and walked over, kissing her gently as she looked up and smiled at him.

"Heyy" she said, extremely relaxed.

"I'm gonna go take a shower!" He said, as he headed for the bathroom. Just as he shut the door, Kacey's phone pinged. It was an email. As she opened it up she quickly read it, at first she was confused but suddenly she jumped up ecstatic.

"Holy fuck!!!" She screamed. Colby came running out of the bathroom, he had only taken off his tank top.

"What's up baby? What happened?" He looked worried.

"The biggest music producing company in the world has offered me a record deal!" Kacey jumped around ecstatically, screaming with joy.

"Fuck baby!!" Colby ran and grabbed her spinning her around, "that's amazing! I'm so proud of you!" He stopped and kissed her head as she looked to the email once again.

He continued to smile at her out of breath. He watched her as Kacey's face began to frown. "What's wrong baby?" He looked at her confused.

Kacey's heart dropped, "it's in London..." she spoke, as she and Colby both sat down, not saying anything.

"Oh," Colby spoke his eyes falling to the floor as his thoughts began running in circles around his head.

"I know I was due to go back in 2 weeks, which was terrifying m..." she looked up at him, "but I was going to talk to you about possibly staying." Kayleigh spoke as she glanced at Colby a small smile on her face.

Colby's heart began to break into a million pieces, as much as he loved her. How could he get in the way of her reaching her dreams? How could he be the reason she turned down this amazing opportunity? He took a deep breath before he spoke, "why would you do that?" His tone took Kacey by surprise as her smile dropped.

"What do you mean?" Kacey looked at him, her eyes wide terrified of where this was going.

"Why would you stay? Yeah it was fun, but we're not gonna like, going to live together or something." His voice was shaking but he tried his best to hide it. "We're not even that serious, come on." He said. His voice sent a sharp knife into Kacey's back. She couldn't believe what he was saying, she was confused and her heart began to break.

"Colby, what do you mean we're not serious?" Kacey looked at him.

Colby chuckled, "oh come on Kacey, let's be real! It was fling! I've only known you for literally not even 4 months!" As he chuckled through his sentence, embarrassment and pain filled Kacey's body entirely. She felt betrayed. Her eyes began to fill up, her heart began to ache. But this was killing Colby.

"You're lying, I know you, you're fucking lying!" Kacey began to get worked up, her tears began to fall quickly as Colby listened to her pain. He wanted to tell her the truth but he was not going to be the reason she said no to the opportunity of life time. He knew she was going to put up a fight, and as much as this would kill him, he knew it would be easier for Kacey to make the decision if she hated him.

"Kacey. You're a fucking idiot man," his words continued to stab her in the chest. "We were just having fun, I don't date. The only reason I dated you was because I knew you were going home soon." Kacey began to melt, she had to think for a moment before speaking.

"You, you, you said you loved me" Kacey choked out through her tears.

Colby laughed, "oh Kacey, I just said that cause when you fell, it looked good for the viewers, everyone shipped us and I gained like 300,000 followers." He looked away from her as he felt tears starting to form in his own eyes. Every inch of his body wanted to grab Kacey and to tell her that he did love her and that he wanted her to never leave, but he couldn't, he had to do what was right by her.

"Colby, please. Tell me you're lying." She cried, as she looked at the back of his head.

"Kacey I'm not." He turned around holding himself together, "go to London and get the record deal. You'll forget about us soon."

She looked at him, her heart breaking with every word, "I could never forget us Colby,"

"Why not?" He shrugged. "I will..."

This was the end. The pain that Kacey felt at this moment was far worse than any pain she had ever felt in her entire life. How could he ever make her feel like this, say these things to her. Was it all a lie? This whole time, was she being played for viewers? Was she being manipulated and humiliated? She stood up, without saying a word. Colby watched her out of the corner of his eye. She grabbed her things. He fought with every inch of his power to keep himself from stopping her. She stood still with her hand on the door. As she opened it she turned to look at him one last time. "Don't ever speak to me ever again. We are fucking done." Her voice was destroyed along with her soul. The guilt that radiated through Colby's body was excruciating. It killed him to see how much he had broken her, he believed that she would be better off without him, living her dreams, taking the record deal. Kacey quickly slammed the door before running straight out of the house to call Jc to pick her up. She ran quick enough that Sam and Charlie didn't even hear her until the front door had closed.

"Fuckkk!" Colby screamed as he finally let out all of his pain once he heard the door close. Sam quickly jumped out of bed as he and Charlie ran to Colby's room. Colby was throwing things around, smashing photos and crying and screaming in so much pain.

"Dude! What the fuck happened!" Sam shouted as he walked in.

"We're the fuck is Kacey, Colby?" Charlie shouted to him.

"We broke up." Colby fell to the floor sobbing his heart out. Sam walked over and put his arms around him.

"What the fuck? Why?" Sam leaned down to look Colby in the eyes. His heart broke at the sight of his best friend looking like this.

"Because I love her." Colby managed to slip out before he tucked himself into a ball, broken in every sense as Sam held him tightly. Charlie watched, unsure what to do.