Chapter 31 - he's going to overdose (Sam SAD)

WARNINGS: NO SMUT! DRUG USE! cocaine and pills, overdose. 

Songs and your cue to press play:

Baseline junkie - Dizzie Rascal - "Dude, I need a fucking shot!"

Never say never - The Fray - "Adrenaline and fear kicked in both Colby and Charlie."

——————————————————————————————————————————————————

Lorelei knocked lightly on Jake's hospital door.

"Come in!" Jake shouted his mouth full of food. Lorelei opened it up.

"Hi babe," she said as she walked in.

"Hey baby!" Jake said, a huge smile coming on his face as he wiped his mouth with a napkin. When she reached the bed she leaned down as she gave him a sweet peck on the lips. "I'm glad you're here." He smirked at her.

"Ooo did you miss me?" Lorelei said as she sat down chuckling.

"Of course, but I have news!" He replied. "I can go home tomorrow!" He said excitedly.

"Oh my god. Finally!" Lorelei smiled, "the bed feels so empty with you."

"Well, it's about to get a whole lot full again, especially with this huge thing!" Jake said as he lifted his leg completely covered in a huge cast.

Lorelei stood up and placed another pillow under Jake's leg, as he watched her with so much love in his eyes. Suddenly hers began to fill with water. "Baby, what's wrong?" Jake asked her, concerned.

"I'm just really glad you're alive. I was so scared Jake." Lorelei paused for a moment. "I love you so much and I don't know what I would have done." She looked up at him and he pouted at her sad face and light tears.

"I'm fine babe, and I'll be completely normal soon enough with you looking after me, I love you too." Jake smiled as she smirked through her tears. "And I'll be able to make it up to you, for taking care of me so well." He reached out and grabbed Lorelei's hand, pulling her closer to him. She was just inches away from his face. He moved the hair out of her face as he examined her features.

"Oh yeah, and how will you do that?" She said, smirking at him. Jake waited for a moment, smiling at her as he cupped her face. He slowly leaned him and kissed her softly.

"Oh baby, trust me. In more ways than I could ever explain." Jake said as he bit his lip and smiled.

*The Next Evening*

"Guys shhh! They're going to be here any second!" Kacey shouted as she read the last text message from Lorelei. Everyone gathered at Sam and Colby's for a huge coming home surprise party. There were at least 100 influencers in the house ready to congratulate Jake on his return and recovery.

Sam stood off to the side, he was struggling. He blamed himself for the whole thing and his mental health was rapidly declining but he wouldn't talk to anybody about it. Not Charlie, not Jake, not even Colby.

"They've just pulled up!" Colby shouted as everyone stood in the dark waiting for the door to open. Each person took out their phones and grabbed their party poppers and confetti cannons. "Shhh!" Colby shouted as he ran to Kacey and put his arm around her shoulders excitedly.

Suddenly the door clicked open and Jake hobbled in, "SURPRISE!" The whole room shouted as Jake jumped out of his skin as loud bangs and confetti filled the room. Lorelei walked in right behind as a huge smile spread across both of their faces and he began laughing.