Chapter 41 - I think it needs a kiss (Colby fluff)

WARNINGS: NO SMUT, PURE FLUFF! 1 year anniversary. I based this scene off the actual music video to the song, so once you've read it, go watch it and you'll see it come to life! 

Songs and your cue to press play:

The way - Ariana Grande and Mac Miller - it is in bold durning the chapter! 

——————————————————————————————————————————————————

These past few months have been amazing, life was going perfectly for everyone, the gang kept filming their videos and collabs, the fans were loving the relationships between everyone. Colby and Kacey kept their relationship rather private, other than little pecks on the cheek or cute couple photos for instagram. For their anniversary they wanted to do something special for their fans, seen as they had been through a lot this year. So Kacey and Colby had been working on a song, a brand new single for the two of them to release together in celebration of their year of love. And the day had arrived for the filming of the music video. Sam, Charlie, Lorelei and Jake were all there to support on set.

Colby had hired a studio and the director filled the room with balloons. The aim was to createate a fun and loving video for a fun and loving song. He handed Colby an old school camera as he wanted him to take some shots of Kacey up close, all cute and loving. As the camera began rolling, the group gathered as Kacey and Colby took their space on the set. "Okay!" The director shouted, getting everyone's attention. "Kacey and Colby, you got this, just be the cute and loving couple that you are!" Everyone laughed. "Cue the song!" suddenly, Kacey and Colby's single, 'The Way - Ariana Grande and Mac Miller' began to burst out the speakers as their friends jumped around, excited to hear it for the first time. "And action!" Colby and Kacey began to dance around as they sung the song, hugging and playing with the balloons as the director gave them actions he wanted them to do. They did around 10 takes of the entire song, just Kacey and Colby. "Guys that was amazing!" The director shouted, as all their friends cheered at the amazing song and the video that they were creating. "Why don't you guys jump in?" the director says as he turns to Sam, Jake, Lorelei and Charlie who were all standing behind the cameras.

"Yeah come on!" Kacey shouted as Colby laughed at the group excitedly joining them in front of the lenses. As the song played a few more times and a few more directions from the director, the end of the shoot was fast approaching.

The director stops for a moment, watching the footage as the group grabbed some water, waiting patiently wondering if it was a wrap. The director twiddled his thumbs, watching intently, every now and then cracking a slight smile. Kacey and Colby looked at each other with a shrug, unsure what the director was thinking. "Okay!" he finally spoke as he jumped from his seat. He quickly approached the group. "It's brilliant!" he said as they all sighed in relief. Colby quickly grabbed Kacey, kissing her head. "But..." They all stopped and looked at him nervously. "It's missing something..." the director thought for a moment. "I think it needs a kiss." As he said his thoughts, Kayleigh and Colby looked at each other quickly. The fans had been begging for a kiss, even though they were public, they never showed too much on social media. Never an actual kiss.

"Uhhh." Kacey didn't know what to say as Colby smiled down on her.

"That is exactly what this needs!" Charlie laughed.

"I agree..." Sam said, smirking at the couple. Colby and Kacey snapped their attention to the group.

"You think? But we've never kissed on social media" Kacey said as she thought.

"It's up to you baby, but personally I think the fans will love it... as will I" Colby said smirking as he kissed her cheek.

"I umm..." Kacey thought about it.

"So.. are we gonna do some lip smacking?" the director said hopefully as he chuckled.

Kacey looked at Colby one last time as he smiled and nodded, scrunching his nose. "Let's do it." Kacey smirked.

It only took one last take, as the director watched the screen intently as Kacey and Colby danced around singing the song, and naturally the two joined their lips together and the group went wild, hyping them up. The two started laughing, their foreheads pressed together as they swayed to the music.

"And cut!" the director shouted. "Amazing! That's a wrap guys!" he smiled as Kacey and Colby hugged before running to thank the director. A shared excitement ran throughout the group as they celebrated their successful day. The video turned out to be better than they all imagined.