Chapter 32 - I can't put my pain onto you (Sam Breakup)

WARNINGS: NO SMUT! Bad language, sad breakup. 

Authors note: Katrina has been made out to have been manipulative and 'psychotic' but this is purely for story purposes. Not an actual opinion or anything! X

Songs and your cue to press play: 

Before you go - Lewis Capaldi - "Sam walked back into the bedroom to find Charlie."

Creep - Radiohead - "The next few days were hard for everyone."

—————————————————————————————————————————————————

The doorbell rang and 3 times before Sam dragged himself out of bed, he walked downstairs and as he opened the door confusion fell on his face.

"Oh my god Sam!" The girl said as she ran in and hugged him, Sam stood still frozen. "I heard what happened. Are you okay?" She held him tight as Sam still couldn't move a muscle, his hand in the door handle holding him up.

"Katrina?" He finally spoke. "What the fuck are you going here?

"Well I heard what happened to Jake and that you almost od'd last night so I thought you could use a friend." She let go of him and walked into his house as Sam nervously closed the door. So confused as to why his ex-girlfriend has turned up at his front door. Katrina sat down on the sofa as Sam slowly walked into the room and stood up across the room from her.

"Kat, what the fuck are you doing here?" He asked her more sternly.

"I just missed you Sam, and I know you've been going through a rough time" she said pouting at him. "You've been through a lot, and I think you know out of everyone I will be brutally honest with you."

Sam looked at her for a moment, remembering some parts of the night prior and everything he had been feeling the last few months. He sat down and put his head in his hands. "Talk to me Sam, just let it all out."

"I don't know where to start Katrina." He said, not looking up. "I almost killed Jake. My best friend. And he was in a coma and I had to watch a machine keep him alive and watch Lorelei go through something I'd never wish upon anybody, and it was all my fault."

"Yeah." She replied nodding slightly. This took Sam by surprise as everyone kept telling him it was his fault, even though he believed it was and Katrina just confirmed that for him.

"And I'm terrified of hurting Charlie, I love her more than anything, but I can't put my pain onto her." He began to cry into his hands, "I just can't take it anymore."

"She doesn't deserve to be treated this way, Sam." He looked at her quickly. "She's a lovely girl, and you are a train wreck. You will have scared the shit out of her last night and she's too nice to tell you that you're damaging her mental health." She spoke. Sam took in her words and believed what she was saying. "If you can't look after yourself Sam, you need to break up with her before you cause her any more pain." She said seriously as he looked into her eyes from across the room. Colby suddenly appeared.

"Katrina? What the fuck are you doing here?" Colby said sternly as he looked upstairs in the hope that Kacey and Charlie didn't hear him.

"Just wanted to check up on Sam." Katrina stood up grabbing her bag. "But I'm going now." She began to walk away, as Sam watched her with tears in his eyes. She looked back to him one final time, "you know what you have to do." She said ominously. Colby looked at her confused.

"Kat, get out." Colby pointed to the front door. She held her hands up and walked towards it, a slight smirk appearing on her face. She whispered to Colby, "my work here is done." Before closing the door behind her.