Chapter 21 - Going back to the UK

WARNINGS: nothing but pure heart ache! I'm so sorry!

Songs and your cue to press play:

"Moments - One Direction" - '"Come in." Kacey spoke, holding back tears.'

"Chasing Cars - Snow Patrol" - 'Stood together, waiting to say goodbye.'

"Amnesia - 5SOS" - 'Kacey made herself comfortable on the plane.'

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

*2 Weeks Later*

Kacey's new single 'Vampire - Olivia Rodrigo' was playing as it premiered on her YouTube. She sat in Jc's living room, surrounded by all her friends, excluding one person in particular. It was the night before Kacey, Lila and Charlie were headed home, back to the UK or so Kacey thought Charlie was returning. The group had gathered to celebrate their time as to wave them off. As the song finished the room was silent. Kacey had written that song a couple of weeks ago just after her break up with Colby. It was clear to her friends what the song was about. Suddenly the whole room erupted into applause and there wasn't a dry eye in sight. Kacey began to cry, as Jc wrapped his arm around her squeezing her tight.

"That was fucking unreal, Kace." Jc spoke as he choked back his own tears.

"Thanks everyone," Kacey cried. "Please excuse me, I just need a minute."

She stood up from her seat and headed for her bedroom, she needed to compose herself if she was going to make it through the night. By this point, LA was causing nothing but pain for her, everything around her reminded her of Colby. She closed her bedroom door, and continued to pack some things into her bag. She stopped for a moment, took a deep breath before she broke down again as she has done every single day since Colby humiliated her. Just as she caught her breath there was a knock on the door.

"Come in." Kacey spoke, holding back her tears.

Charlie walked in, "you okay babe?" She spoke, her voice shaking.

"Yeah I'm good, I just can't wait for us to get home tomorrow." Kacey said, "just go back to normal and do some filming."

Charlie took a deep breath, she physically wasn't able to put it off any longer as the flight was at 2pm tomorrow. "Kacey." She spoke out, her legs shaking with anxiety.

"Yeah?" Kacey spoke, trying to put on a brave face as she continued to put clothes into her case.

"I'm not coming." Charlie blurted out before she could back out again.

There was silence, Kacey froze in her position, she was completely unable to take anymore bad news. "Wait, what did you say?" Kacey looked back up to her trying to hold back her tears.

"I'm so sorry, but I'm staying here..." Charlie's voice was low and soft, she felt so guilty for staying and even more so for leaving it until the last minute to tell Kacey.

"You're- you're not..." Kacey couldn't speak, a million thoughts ran through her brain. "Why the fuck did you wait until fucking now to tell me!" Kacey shouted, which caught Charlie off guard.

"I'm sorry! I wanted to tell you but then all this shit happened with Colby and I couldn't find the right time to tell you!" Charlie began to shout back at her. Both of them were hurting and it was clear.

"I can't believe you've fucking done this to me, first Colby and now you!" Kacey shouted.

"Look, I'm sorry but it's not my fault that Colby broke your heart, and I know I've done something shitty, but please tell me, tell me when the right time would have been!" Charlie looked at her becoming more and more frustrated with Kacey's reaction.