PART I: 3

They say don't play with fire. But what if you started it? Won't you be tempted to control it, by yourself? 

"Who really are you?" Eui asked.

"What do you mean?" Hyeon's face grew serious as he saw her sharp black eyes. 

"What makes you think I wouldn't notice the guns your boys held in their waists, the knives that were tucked in their socks, and especially those rings they were wearing, each one having a GPS, it was annoying when I tried to hack Yoongi's phone you know," Eui smiled. She explained her further observations as Hyeon stared at her quietly, his face hard to read.

Her senses she had grown over the years were alerted the second she entered the building. CCTVs were everywhere, more than the usual number. The number of people in a high-class restaurant was more than the normal rate, especially on a Wednesday. Every single person entering and exiting the building was checked, except her. 

Her brothers had guns in their waistlines and she saw it when she was running around. She was shocked to see even Namjoon had a gun. When she looked up after her fall, she saw a small light from Jimin's ring, leading her to secretly try to check what was present around her through her hacking. 

"Kim Hyeon-shi, be honest with me, who are you all?" Eui was staring dead into his eyes. He sighed. Seung Ho placed the coffee in front of them. He looked back and forth between them, twice, sensing their tension. He moved back, bowed and stood behind Hyeon.

"We are mafias," Hyeon closed his eyes and said with difficulty, as though every single letter of the words were knives ripping his tongue into shreds.

Eui sighed, she guessed it. She looked down, her hand going towards the coffee cup, picking it up, she swirled the heart shape on it around, breaking it.

"Does mom know?" She asked, looking up.

Hyeon could only nod. He regretted being a mafia the most at this exact moment. He swallowed thickly wanting to say something. But he couldn't. He wanted to tell her that he would protect her, that her brothers would protect her, and that he was selfish to want a lover and......a daughter. 

"I love your mother dearly. I have no right to say this knowing what I do for a living but I just want to be selfish for once, just this once, I have always given everything to others but I just want this one single wish, and that is to be with your mother and you," He sighed, still looking down. Seung Ho left not wanting to be in the moment. 

"I am not going to be stupid to make blind promises but I know one thing that I can promise, which is my love and sincerity. I will cherish and protect you both till my death,"

...

"Where is Eui?" Soojin asked, Namjoon was sitting in his father's chair talking to her about Eui when Hyeon entered.

"She left saying she wanted some time to think," Hyeon said dejectedly. 

"Did she say no to your marriage?" Namjoon asked the burning question in everyone's head. 

"She said she needs some time to think, but she said she doesn't mind us as her new family," Hyeon said, sitting down on the chair she sat in before, sighing.

"Then what is the problem, Dad?" Jin asked, sensing his father's worry.

"She knows, she got to know that we are mafias," Hyeon said making everyone gasp.

Soojin sighed. 

But Hosoek's mind replayed his father's words.

She said she needed some time to think.