PART I: 35

Author

On a cold night, a man dressed in all black slipped into an apartment. Snores of a girl was heard as he made his way towards her room. He knew this apartment blueprint like the back of his hand, especially this flat. He was careful enough to not knock out the vase and unlocked the room door. He moved closer, gulping down his nerves as he held the knife aiming at her neck.

Gaeun moved uncomfortably on her bed as she snored more. The man raised his hands to stab her when he felt another man's sharp kick on his back. He looked back to see the fierce eyes of Namjoon who snatched the knife from the man and tried to stab him. Their grunts awakened Gaeun who widened her eyes. Namjoon had stabbed him in his stomach before the black man jumped out of their window, with the knife still in his stomach.

"Are you okay?" Gaeun and Namjoon immediately asked each other. Namjoon went forward hugging her and she tightened her arms around his waist.

"Who was that?" Gaeun asked to which Namjoon shook his head as a no but suddenly widened his eyes.

"Your brother is in danger!" He said grabbing his shirt and wearing it. She put on her clothes as they sprinted out of the apartment to their car.

"I'll ask my men to shift your stuff from the apartment to the mansion, it's not safe for you to be far away from me," Namjoon said and she nodded. Both of them drove towards Jiho's apartment, he had moved out annoyed that Namjoon always hung out in Gaeun's apartment. But he didn't realize how dangerous it would be.

"It's probably Daehyung, he knows you are Eui's best friend, and harming you would weaken her. He's probably going after your brother too," Namjoon said placing his hand on Gaeun's thigh. He saw her breathing heavily and patted her thigh to calm her down. She held his hand closing her eyes. Her phone rang, it was from Eui.

"G-Gaeun-ah," Eui's voice was heard and Gaeun was shocked to listen to the sound of an ambulance on Eui's side.

"Eui! What happened? Why do I hear the ambulance's siren?" Gaeun's and Namjoon's heartbeats increased as they heard his sister's name. His speed increased towards the Jiho's apartment, that was deep in the city.

"Come to the KIMS hospital," Eui said ending the call.

"KIMS hospital," was all Gaeun said for Namjoon to connect the dots. Her heartbeat was increasing each second they went near the hospital. Her grip on Namjoon's hand increased and he was sweating. 

As soon as they reached the hospital, the receptionist recognised Namjoon and quickly took him to the top floor of the hospital. All the brothers were already there outside along with Sejeong and another girl who was holding onto Eui's arm. Jin was caressing Eui's hair while her hand was held by that girl. The rest sat around. Rowoon was missing though. 

"W-What happened?" Gaeun asked catching their attention.

"It's Jiho," Jimin said with a sad look.

"What happened?" Gaeun asked.

"Let's talk after sitting," Namjoon had guessed the tension in the room and knew it was serious.

"What happened?" Gaeun gritted her teeth as her anxiety and anger increased every growing second of their lack of response.

"He was stabbed multiple times all around his body," Yoongi said. Gaeun froze for a second and dashed towards the room, the need to check for herself and know he was alright was eating her up. Namjoon held her back as she struggled. She was crying. The one family member she had, she is losing him now.

Eui got up and hugged her. Gaeun didn't struggle anymore and let it all out on Eui's shoulders, hugging her like a bear. Eui was emotionless the whole time, her mind running through thoughts she didn't want to believe in. Gaeun calmed down and sat down, sniffing as Namjoon held her hands in his firmly.