PART I: 26

A huge ballroom in the middle of a forest was guarded with tight security. The white building looked like a marble temple from the outside. It has huge walls and towers that give it a majestic aura of a palace. Everything in it, walls, tables, and floors was made out of white marble. This is the exact palace where the princess lived. Or in this case, stayed for some time, waiting for her brothers to help her run away from its ghosts.

"A little bit to wake myself up," Eui said, taking a shot. A grin appeared on her face as she smiled looking at herself in the mirror. 

This was one of the buildings Daehyung owned which he gifted to Eui. It was magnificent and she was extremely lucky to have such a property under her name. This building was her dream place when she was young, but now, all that happiness seemed to have just remained as a dream and never a reality. She had agreed to use this building as the ballroom for Haein's crowning.

She sat down huffing, all her makeup artists and stylists had gone. She wasn't a tab bit scared because everyone coming here, for the masquerade party would have their car drivers changed and windows covered so they wouldn't recognize which place the party was held in. Daehyung held a lot of power and could easily do that. 

"Drinking before the party started?" Haein had entered wearing his golden mask bringing a powerful dominant aura. The mask had three-dimensional snakes and roses with diamonds. He smiled widely closing the door and walking towards her.

"Black suit, golden designs with real pearls and diamonds on it, your fashion sense hasn't changed a bit," She said making him crack a wide smile she missed.

He brought her into a hug. Warmth and comfort spread between them. A hug that they craved for years. She sniffed, moved back and looked up, fanning herself. No one could spy or have cameras on them. Eui knew every corner of this building.

"I love this makeup too much for it to go to waste," She said making him laugh.

"Father sent you this," Haein said with a smile opening a matt black box making her eyes wide. How she missed these rich gifts. Living with the Kim siblings was extremely lovely and comfortable but they never let her attend parties, especially since they wanted her to get saved from 'match-making'. She would roll her eyes and spend the day with Gaeun. But now, on the bright side, at least she gets to attend one!

"Like it?" Haein asked as she gently took the golden mask that lay gracefully on the cushions of the box and wore it, strapping it around her face and looking at the giant mirror. Haein smiled widely before caressing her hair and she grinned.

"You have grown," He whispered, his eyes saddening as he removed his mask and sighed.

"It will be alright, I promise. I'll come back to get you okay?" Eui said, caressing his face. She was grown now and he felt the happiest when she cared for him like he was her child. He nodded like one and she grinned. 

"Your brothers are going to kill him right?" Haein asked, barely above a whisper, when she was touching up her makeup.

"I don't know," Eui said looking down at her nails.

It was her fear. Daehyung was still her father and she loved him a lot. He might've been a bad husband but he was a great father to her. She still wanted answers, on why he acted badly separating them. She sighed and Haein placed his hand on her shoulder. He leaned on the table facing her and smiled.

"You seemed happy," He said to which she looked up.

"With your step-brothers, you have a genuine connection with them, don't you?" He said tilting his head with a smile and bringing a smile to her face.