chapter 13: sorting hat

The whole hall burst into applause as the hat finished its song and bowed to each table.
Roselia heard Ron whisper Fred and troll, but she wasn't paying  enough attention to him. She was looking at her father,who nodded reassuringly to her.
Professor Mcgonagall started calling out names,
Abbott, Hannah, she went to hufflepuff followed by Susan bones and also a hufflepuff.
The next two were Boot, Terry, and Brocklehurst, Mandy both went to ravenclaw.
Next was brown, Lavender, the first gryffindor. Roselia watched Lavender run to the gryffindor table, she could see the twins celebrating, she smiled, Mcgonagall  continued
“Bulstrode, Millicent” then became a Slytherin. Along with crabbe and Goyle.
“Finch-Fletchley, Justin!” “HUFFLEPUFF!”
Sometimes, the hat shouted out the House quickly, but at others, it took a little while to decide.
“Finnigan, Seamus,” the sandy-haired boy next to Harry in the line, sat on the stool for almost a whole minute before the hat declared him a Gryffindor.
“Granger, Hermione!” Hermione almost ran to the stool and jammed the hat eagerly on her head. “GRYFFINDOR!” shouted the hat. Ron groaned. Harry started getting nervous. When Neville Longbottom, the boy who kept losing his toad, was called, he fell over on his way to the stool. The hat took a long time to decide with Neville. When it finally shouted, “GRYFFINDOR,” Neville ran off, still wearing it, and had to jog back amid gales of laughter to give it to “MacDougal, Morag.”
Malfoy swaggered forward when his name was called, he glanced at Roselia making eye contact before she looked away, but got his house wish at once: the hat had barely touched his head when it screamed, “SLYTHERIN!” Malfoy went to join his friends Crabbe and Goyle, looking pleased with himself. There weren’t many people left now. “Moon”..., “Nott”..., “Parkinson”..., then a pair of twin girls, “Patil” and “Patil”..., then “Perks, Sally-Anne”..., and then, at last
“Potter, Harry!”
All chatter disappeared instantly, worry grew inside the boy, as he stepped forward loud whispers filled the silence.  Roselia watched as Harry seemed to argue with the hat after a minute it yelled "Gryffindor"
The whole Gryffindor table cheered, and George could be heard yelling, "we got potter!"
Harry jumped up and ran and sat next to Hermione,
Now, there were only four people to be sorted. Once the cheers settled, Mcgonagall continued,
"Snape, Roselia"
Roselia took a deep breath and sat down, "huh interesting, very interesting," the hat whispered in her ear, "you are not a snape at at are you hmm, I had issues with placing your brother but you my dear are much more difficult, you are courageous, loyal, wise and cunning. I dont feel slytherin is right for you, and as wise as you are, you are more courageous and loyal just like longbottom. This is tough indeed, but considering who your parents were, how about," he pauses dramatically, "Gryffindor!"
Roselia doesn't move, she felt paralyzed, Professor Mcgonagall removed the hat as if breaking her paralysis. The Professor smiled gently to the girl and ushered her towards her table. As she walked,  she glanced around first to her dad, whose face was unreadable, then towards the shocked faces at the slytherin table. Especially Draco's he looked hurt and betrayed, she felt bad but as soon as she reached gryffindor table fred and George picked her up, "welcome to the party Lia!" They said together, "it took you long enough,"George said, the twins laughed sitting down with Roselia in between them, "quiet, its almost Ron's turn," she grinned at them,
"Turpin, lisa," ravenclaw
Finally, it was Ron's turn. He sat down, and the hat spoke to him,
Both Roselia and Harry both crossed their fingers, and The hat yelled
"Gryffindor"
Ron sighed in relief. The whole table clapped and cheered,  he ran over to the table and collapsed into the seat beside Harry.
The last person was Zabini, Blaise. Roselia had met him before he was an okay kid. He didn't really stick out. She believed it to be intentional on his part. "Slytherin," the hat called blaise smiled, jumping off the stool.

Mcgonagall removed the stool and hat, Roselia was now staring at her plate, realizing she hadn't eaten since breakfast.
Albus Dumbledore stood his smile beamed, he was over joyed to see all of them, "welcome to the new students and welcome back everyone else, I am sure everyone is excited it get started so with out further to do, Nitwit! Blubber! Oddment! Tweak!"
With this the food began appearing on the table, everyone clapped and or cheered, Roselia giggled, looking at the old man he was grinning happily, "is he mad?" Harry asked percy, who questioned, "mad? Possibly but he is an absolute Genius the best wizard in the world in fact! Potatoes Harry?"
Harry suddenly realized there was food in front of him, he was so surprised his mouth hung open, he nodded to percy who passed the mash potatoes, he then grabbed a steak, while a ghost was talking to Roselia. The ghost was frowning looking at the food, "would you like some?" Harry offered him, "I haven't eaten I'm nearly five hundred years, not that I need to of course, but one does miss the sensation of it." The ghost smiled, "I have forgotten to introduce myself I am Sir Nicholas de Mimsy-Porpington at your service. Resident ghost of Gryffindor Tower.”
Ron jumped up mouth full, "I know who you are! Your nearly headless Nick! Fred and George told me all about you!" Sir nick glanced at the twins, Roselia cut in, "they haven't told you nearly enough, I suppose they forgot to tell you he prefers to be called Sir Nicholas or Sir Nick for short if you must." Roselia triednto steer the conversation away from the nearly headless talk but Seamus had to ask, "how can you be nearly headless," feeling frustrated Sir Nicholas pulled on his ear tipping his head sideways showing is cut neck, his head hung as if on a hinge, this shocked many of the first years except Roselia she had this same conversation years ago.
Sir Nicholas replaced his head and cleared his throat “So—new Gryffindors! I hope you’re going to help us win the House Championship this year? Gryffindors have never gone so long without winning. Slytherins have got the Cup six years in a row! The Bloody Baron’s becoming almost unbearable—he’s the Slytherin ghost.”
"Why is he covered in blood" someone asked,
"Not sure, never thought to ask, well good bye for now Gryffindors" with that Sir Nicholas flew off to mingle with the other ghosts.
After everyone ate their fill the food turned into desserts such as ice cream and pastries, and everyone started to discuss their families Seamus started, he was a half blood, dads a muggle, mums a witch she hadn't told him until Seamus started showing magic potential.
Neville went next,  the longbottoms we an old family pure bloods,
Roselia was set to go next but harry said, "ouch, "as he smacked his forehead, Catching her attention, "you alright there harry," Roselia and percy asked at the same time, "it's nothing" he said before asking, "hey percy who is that talking to Professor Quirell?"