Chapter 14: common room

The Gryffindor first years had to follow Percy so Roselia said goodbye to Fred and George. They smiled and said they'd see her later, she stood in line between Hermione and Harry close to the front of the line. She was full and tired, looking around she could tell she wasn't the only one. Percy led them up stairs, through many hidden doors behind pictures and tapestries up some more stairs until Percy came to a sudden halt.
A bundle of walking sticks was floating in midair ahead of them, and as Percy took a step toward them they started throwing themselves at him. 
"Peeves," Percy whispered to the first years. "A poltergeist." He raised his voice, "Peeves-show yourself." A loud, very rude raspberry could be heard,
"Shall I go get The bloody baron?"
There was a pop, and a little man with wicked, dark eyes and a wide mouth appeared, floating cross-legged in the air, clutching the walking sticks.
"Oooooooh!" he said, with an evil cackle. "Ickle Firsties! What fun!"
He swooped suddenly at them. They all ducked except Roselia, "Go away, Peeves, or the Baron'll hear about this, I mean it!" barked Percy.
"I'm certain he is still in the great hall. Shall I go get him percy? '' Roselia commented.
Peeves stuck out his tongue and vanished, dropping the walking sticks on Neville's head. They heard him zooming away, rattling coats of armor as he passed. "You want to watch out for Peeves," said Percy, as they set off again. "The Bloody Baron's the only one who can control him, he won't even listen to us prefects. Here we are."

At the very end of the corridor hung a portrait of a very fat woman in a pink silk dress. "Password?" she said. 
"Caput Draconis," said Percy, and the portrait swung forward to reveal a round hole in the wall. They all scrambled through it-Neville needed a leg up-and found themselves in the Gryffindor common room, a cozy, round room full of squashy armchairs.
Percy directed the girls through one door to their dormitory and the boys through another. At the top of a spiral staircase-they were obviously in one of the towers-they found their beds at last: five four-posters hung with deep red, velvet curtains. Their trunks had already been brought up. Too tired to talk much, they pulled on their pajamas and fell into bed, Hermione began asking Roselia questions about peeves, but Roselia was too tired to answer and fell right asleep.
Roselia woke up crying in the middle of the night, she had a nightmare, the nightmare she always had; the evil laugh, the green flash, the woman begging before dying, her father crying. There were more details now before she hadn't known the woman's face but now she knew it was her mother. And she also knew it wasn't just any dream it was a memory of when her mum died. She'd been having them more frequently since finding out about her parents.
She heard a rustling, and jumped, Hermione lit her lamp, "Lia? Are you okay?" The girl sounded groggy, "yeah sorry just a nightmare." Roselia replied, "oh, do you want to go talk to Professor Mcgonagall?" Roselia shook her head, "I'll be fine, I'm going to get some water." She got up and Hermione tried to follow her, Roselia smiled but told her, "you can go back to sleep, I'll be back in no time," Hermione nodded and laid back in bed, "I'll wait for you then," she whispered. Roselia walked out their room, and down the stairs, she watched as the tea pot busied itself for her, she could help but smile magic is everything to her.
She sat on the sofa frowning remembering her dream, she wished she could talk to her dad but it was too late in the night. She remembered the Narcissa gift she lifted her wrist and pressed the charm her diary appeared. A quill and ink flew over to her, "thank you," she whispered to them. She opened her book to a new page and wrote;

Dear Aunt Sissy,
Today has been a very eventful day, both good and bad.
After we got on the train pansy started acting like she owned everyone, I think she might have a crush on dray. She made me so upset that when another first year asked if we'd seen a frog I walked off to help her. Dray started acting weird, like he wasn't acting like the Dray I grew up with, he got in a fight with Harry Potter, whose friend's rat bit Goyle. I told him to go see madam pomfrey he probably fought about it. When I asked dray about the fight he said he was trying to be friends but Harry chose the enemy. I told him that's not how it works, he apparently said some mean things to Harry but he wouldn't tell me, so we ended up separating and I haven't talked to him since. I'm not sure how I feel about the next bit of news but I wasn't sorted in slytherin, the hat said I was a better fit for Gryffindor, well any house except slytherin. It kinda hurts that I'm not with Dray and father but I am with harry. Also the hat told me it wanted to put Harry in slytherin but he refused, saying anything but slytherin, it was weird the exact opposite. I haven't had a chance to talk to my father yet, I was nervous and I'm pretty sure Harry doesn't realize who I am yet, I'd say he is rather dense to be honest. The food is great and I went to sleep fast but I had a nightmare about mum again. I saw her face this time she said she loved us. I woke up crying, I woke up a bunk mate. She was worried. I like her; she is kind and seems smart. 

In the common room drinking tea,
With love
Your Lia

Roselia closed her book signing, she felt better letting it all out. She put her book away and finished her tea before heading back to bed.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Thanks so much for reading another chapter, and as always comments, complaints, suggestions, and questions are 100 percent welcome. The next chapter will be ready within a week! Hope to see you then!