16

"Could they have been any more fucking obvious." Seungmin said, pulling himself up to sit on the kitchen counter and kicking his feet.

Hyunjin shook his head. "Before we've even started talking and you're already acting cute."

Seungmin frowned, stilling his legs. "Before we've even started talking and you're already flirting."

"That wasn't flirting. It was an observation." Hyunjin said flatly, sitting on the counter across from the younger. "Anyone else would have agreed with me."

There was a silence for a moment. 

"Well, let's get into it." Seungmin finally said. "I fucked up. I put you in a weird situation. You were trying to help me, and you probably felt like you had to do what I said. I'm sorry."

"I mean, I could have said no. I should have said no. It was a more intense night for the two of us than anyone else. We were both in a bad state. I'm sorry too."

"So...you don't think I took advantage of you?" Seungmin asked tentatively. 

"I think we both took advantage of each other. It was just a bad idea all around." Hyunjin chuckled. "Don't beat yourself up over it. It's time we moved on."

"Well...okay. As long as you don't beat yourself up over it either."

"I won't. Not anymore." Hyunjin said, smiling. Then his face got somber. "I'm so sorry about your journal. I wish I could have saved it."

"You did." Seungmin interjected. "If you hadn't picked it up from the creek when you did, it would have been totally ruined. I don't know if I ever thanked you for that."

The silence returned and Seungmin looked down at the floor, focusing on the path of the cracks in the tile. Hyunjin looked at the younger, tilting his head to one side as he watched his expression.

"It's not like we didn't enjoy it though, right?" Hyunjin said smirking. 

Seungmin's head shot up, already bright red. Hyunjin bit his lip to hold in a laugh. 

"I-I...I mean..." Seungmin stuttered, and he felt his skin heating up. He spoke in a much softer voice. "Yeah...it was nice."

"Just nice?" Hyunjin hopped down from the counter.

Seungmin rolled his eyes. "Be thankful you got an answer at all, you freak."

Hyunjin walked to the younger and put his hands to the counter on either side of him. Seungmin's breath caught, looking the older at eye level. 

"So...are we done being stupid? Friends?"

Seungmin smiled. "Friends. Now my first request as your friend is for you to get the fuck away from me!" He teasingly shoved Hyunjin backwards from him and hopped down next to the older from the counter. 

I love that he's taller than me.

When Seungmin and Hyunjin went back down to the basement it was just after midnight, and the downstairs crowd was getting rowdy. 

Jisung and Minho were singing at the top of their lungs, serenading each other. Jeongin and Chan were dancing to it, the older twirling around the younger in his arms, the two of them laughing. 

Changbin and Felix were sitting on the pool table, Felix showing Changbin something funny on his phone.

Seungmin went directly to the couch, watching Minsung sing to each other. He hated to admit it, but it was sweet. He wished Yoongi was here to watch with him.