meet

"cash will you be there tonight?" i ask my boyfriend.

"lila like i said i don't know. ivan needs my help selling."

i sigh. my boyfriend has always been in the drug business since he was 16. his family was poor so that is what he had to resort to. it's scary when his gang comes over and they all try to get him high to do something dumb.

"ok well i'm about to leave," i say, grabbing my bag, "i love you."

i pause at the door handle, waiting for a reply.

"yeah, you too." cash says.

i close my eyes and walk out. he never says i love you to me.

my friend emilia invited me to her 21st birthday party tonight. she is a huge influencer on social media because of her modeling, i always see someone famous with her.

i walk out of the apartment and get into an uber. i'm too broke to afford a car, and only if i have to i'll use cash's car. i hate using his car because there is a shit ton of drugs in there because of his buisness. if i got pulled over id be done for.

it's dark-ish out. because it's may it gets dark around 7:30 and it's currently 7, which makes it prime sunset watching time.

i used to watch sunsets every night with cash before he got so into his buisness where he lost the time to talk to me. i used to call him mateo, his real name. but ever since he got so serious with his gang, he's made me call him cash so the "opps" can't find him.

"here" the uber driver says.

i tip him and pay him both in cash before getting out. the music is muffled through the walls of the house and there's bouncers outside. emilia went all out.

"name?" the bouncer asks.

"lila gomez."

he looks at a clipboard before letting me through. immediately i'm blinded by lights everywhere. there's tons of people and loud music. 'hotel' by montell fish is currently playing and all the couples are dancing to it.

i just wish cash was here to dance with me.

after searching for awhile, i finally find emilia. i tap on her shoulder, and when she sees me, her face lights up.

"LILAAAA HIIII!!" she yells over the music.

"HIII EMILIA!!" i say back.

i hand her a little gift i wrapped that same morning.

"YOU DIDNT!" she yells, squealing with excitement.

she opens the gift carefully, to reveal a beautiful gold necklace inside.

"OH MY GODDD. I LOVE YOU LILA COME HERE"

the music is turned down a bit and she immediately hugs me again before introducing me to her friend next to her.

her friend.

you won't guess who.

"lila, meet my friend billie!"

billie fucking eilish.

my eyes widen but i remember to compose myself as she gives me a friendly hug.

"hii lila its so nice to finally meet you!" she says slowly.

i watch billie's eyes search me and read me like a book before going back to my eyes.

"sorry, i'm just such a big fan of your music. it's nice to meet you too!" i say back.

she laughs "it's all good dude. i'm gonna grab us drinks emilia. lila want anything?"