at last

lila's pov

"lila i know you're in there-" i hear eddie yell.

i gasp as i try to sit up but im unable to.

i try to scream for billie but i can't yell.

i watch as billie sits up and eddie gets into the apartment.

i try to yell her name as eddie takes her, but i cant.

"lila!" i hear her yell.

"lila!"

i'm shaken awake by billie. we're in the same apartment, it's pitch black besides from her phone light, and she seems worried.

"billie? are you ok?" i tear up and quickly hug her.

"are you okay? you were just screaming in your sleep!" she starts to rub my back.

"oh thank god-" it was a dream. i have never felt so much fear since that kidnapping.

billie hugs me and i lay back down. it's hard for me to be able to fall back asleep after that.

the fact eddie is in chicago does not fucking help.

i guess billie couldn't sleep either, since she's been on her phone. she seems to be writing lyrics down, i wish she'd let me read but she wants it to be a surprise i guess.

that's ok though. i think i'd rather it be a surprise too.

i sigh as i roll around. i decide to just go on my phone too.

before i get too distracted, billie shows me eddies post on instagram, since she knows i blocked him.

5ddie

5ddie wspp chicago? liked by alannn

5ddie wspp chicago?
liked by alannn.pluh and 92,299 others
comments
alannn.pluh yo aren't the cops looking for u
    5ddie idgaf
    alannn.pluh say that once you're caught
    5ddie stfu snitch
mamigurthe 😍😍😍
view 1,296 more

i silently give the phone back to billie and roll over.

"hey, it's gonna be ok. we got bodyguards, a speed dial, police searching for him 24/7, we are safe," she says in my ear.

it takes awhile, but i eventually wake up the next day. billie's already up, but she's reading mail and she seems stressed.

"what's up bil?" i say, yawning.

"fucking bills." she groans. she sounds really pissed off today.

"aww-"

"i wish i was home, because i don't deal with shit like this there," she says in a snarky tone.

i immediately feel like she's trying to shoot shots at me and make me feel bad about her coming here with me.

"i- you said we'd be home soon?" i say with concern.