venturers

3/4

lila's pov

i throw all my clothes into a duffel bag. me and billie need to go. i dont know where, but we need to get away from los angeles.

before i texted billie, eddie was going in depth about how he tried killing me multiple times. but right after alex told me about him stabbing me, eddie starting violently beating him up.

eddie tried shutting him up, but i already knew it all.

once alex was on the ground, eddie was telling me how we were supposed to meet at that bar. we were supposed to set it off. he was there to kill me.

he told me to not do cocaine from strangers while laughing, and told me he was trying to drug me before i left, since he apparently knew i was going to leave him soon.

i tried leaving and when eddie started chasing after me, alex grabbed his leg and tripped him, which made them get in a huge fight.

i took my chance and texted billie, and in a few minutes she was here and yeah.

im still in shock that he was trying to kill me, that multiple people are trying to kill me because of something my dad did when he was younger.

i dont really know where my family is right now. i know my dad is in mexico somewhere, and my mom, she always left the house for weeks at a time when i was younger. all i know is that shes somewhere in the world, away from my dad.

my brother? i wonder where he is and what he's doing.

we go to the same college, yet still never see each other. we barely text either.

i miss him.

but back to what's important-

im packing everything, literally everything i own. im crying as i do it which i assumed would happen.

but im mostly crying for the fact that i brought billie into this mess. shes supposed to be making music, living her life, and im dragging her back from that.

once im done packing, i run over to billies room to see her zipping up her bag. she gives me a half smile before hugging me.

"it'll be ok baby, we got this ok?" she soothingly whispers in my ear.

"im scared billie," i whisper into her chest.

"im scared too, that hasn't stopped us before though, has it?"

billie lets go of me and pulls a note off her dresser.

we head downstairs and give a last look at the house. i dont know how long we will be gone for. i dont want to.

i pet shark and billie places the note on the countertop. she lets out a heavy sigh before looking around.

and then, we walk out.

we get in her car and she sets off. we dont talk for awhile, just because we both know neither of us know what to do.

"do we need to flee the country?" my voice cracks from not talking.

she moves her head, thinking of an answer.

"no, no hopefully not."

"where are you trying to go?"

"i honestly don't know. its a kinda far city but it's always had my heart so-"

"where?"

"chicago."

woah.

"that's pretty far," i say, "isn't it cold there right now?"

"it's december right? then yeah."