knives

billie's pov

she can't fall for me?

after we fucked?

after i broke up with my boyfriend for her?

what the fuck

i get in my car and slam on the gas. i start speeding down the highways, swerving past the cars.

i dug myself into this. i should've known when she didn't break up with cash like i did with jesse. tears start to blur my eyes down the highway.

i've been with a lot of guys and even more girls in my lifetime, but lila is different.

losing her hurts worse.

the way we clicked in like the three hours we talked after emilia's party, and the fact we fucked like a week later. when we finally gave into the desires we both know we had, just for them to be lost over cash.

i just keep speeding up.

i still want lila and that's the problem.

i want to save her.

cash will kill her with little remorse and one day she'll let him because she loves him that much.

there was so much weed on the floor around cash's chair, but everywhere else was perfectly clean. it makes me think he sat there while she was cleaning and she was too scared to go near him.

why does she stay with him? he's a cheater, an abuser, and a literal drug addict.

i need to save her.

i know she has to want me at least a bit, but i guess cash is just more important than me.

"fuck!" i scream, im getting to 100+ mph so i decide to just pull over on the side of the road until i calm down.

i just play frank ocean on the radio to let my emotions go away.

as im leaning back in my seat, my music stops and then my car starts playing my phone ringtone.

lila

i feel my heart skip and answer it in a second.

"billie" she says, whispering.

"lila? is something happening?"

"come quick, please.."

she hangs up.

she sounded so so scared, her voice was raw, i don't know where she is or what's going on but i have to help her. i immediately forget about the argument we just had. if lila needs my help im here.

remember when me and her first met and i used her phone to put in my number?

well i shared the location too.

i open our messages and click her location and it looks like she's driving down the highway i was just on.

i pull back into the highway highway and look back between her location and my phone. she's in front of me by a bit. i speed up so our little profile pictures get closer together.

i keep looking up and down but i don't recognize any cars, so i just prop my phone up in front of me and follow her location.

i drove for like ten minutes before her location goes on an exit, and then down another road. i'm still following until they turn off the already small street to a smaller one. i decide to park and watch her location because i think the car might see me following them. i see her location stop and move into a building.

i go into my glove box and take out my gun, and call for some people.

lila's pov

i called billie on my apple watch so so quietly so these people in this car can't hear me. i don't know if she cares because we just got in a huge argument, but that doesn't matter right now,