trust

a/n taylor's album is so good omf.
but more importantly, THANK YOU FOR 1000 READS AHHH
i love you all

lila's pov

i see her turn around to face me, my pregnancy test in her hands.

we stand in silence for a long time

"billie i-" i force out of my mouth. i look at her staring at the ground with a wide stance.

"stop," she interrupts, "just stop."

i feel the tears well up in my eyes. is this the end?

"billie im sorry-" i yell out shakily.

"just stop!" she yells.

i start to cry, i don't know why she's mad but she is. i try to turn to run out the door when she grabs my arm.

stop thinking about cash right now

dont think about the fact that when you tried running, he'd grab you.

is billie gonna beat you?

is she gonna make you feel as worthless as cash did?

are you gonna be unable to leave out of love?

i start to sob as i struggle to leave her grip. cash would do this when id try to leave. then he'd hit me. is billie going to?

i drop the box with the nice chain i got her on the floor. she just grabs my other arm as im still facing away from her.

she moves her grip to my shoulders and turns me towards her.

i just look up at her with my teary eyes. shes beautiful. she's always been beautiful. her lips are perfect, her eyes are so bright, her hair.

i wish i could read her expression. she doesn't look mad, but she looks more concerned and distraught. she looks up at me and tilts her head before hugging me so tightly.

once she lets go, she sits down on the bed and pinches the bridge of her nose.

"were you going to tell me?" she asks, sounding like she's trying to extinguish her anger.

"yes!" i say, "yes billie i was going to-"

"then why didn't you?" she asks standing up, "then why didnt you!"

i start to talk, but then i stop.

"exactly, oh my fucking-" she starts, grabbing her head and pacing around the room angrily.

"i didnt want you to leave me! i guess i had a good reason to be scared of that!" i yell.

"what?"

"you heard me!"

"what?!" she yells and stomps towards me.

"you fucking think id leave you? after seven months of being on the down low?"

"yes billie! yes i do!"

"ok well that all depends on your answer," she pauses, "who gave you this baby?"

"i-"

"no," she says angrily, "no who gave you this baby because if you already cheated im out-"

"eddie, billie, eddie fucked me and i guess he didn't pull out in time."

she steps back a bit with a mix of fear and anger on her face. this is the only time i cant read her expression and its driving me insane.

"when?"

"last month."

she paces around the room and i still cant fucking read her expression.

"i- dont know what to fucking say-" she says.