illness

a/n: may or may not be starting a new story???
ofc i'm finishing this one first though
haven't started planning it yet but i already like the way it seems. i came up with the idea in the middle of a rush at work and i wrote it down on a napkin and waited until i got home to plan.
oh and sorry this chapter took so longgg
buttttt anyway have to lila and billie :)

billie's pov

it's christmas today. i called my family and they opened some gifts i got them on camera. fin got some new music producing stuff that only he would know about because hes a nerd. my dad got some beard oil and my mom got a cute mug with sharks face on it.

after an hour they hung up and me and lila awkwardly sat on our bed.

i could see her eyes swelling with tears, but because mine were too.

"billie, i'm so so so sorry-" she says, letting her tears out.

"oh lila-" i say, hugging her. she's apologized like 1000 times saying she basically forced me to miss christmas. i keep telling her she hasn't. but she still feels bad.

of course i want to spend christmas with my family, but lila needs me, and i need her too.

if i was getting hunted down by a gang, id want her to run away with me too.

"im sorry i keep crying about this-" she says into my arm.

"it's ok lila-"

we just lay together for awhile and she falls asleep. shes been sleeping a lot lately.

i decide to take a nap too, what else is there to do here?

-

hours later i wake up at 9pm. i decide to bake some cookies for me and lila in our small ass kitchen. i sit there in boredom waiting for the cookies to bake.

i hate it here.

i hate it i hate it i hate it so so so much.

but we cant leave. i dont know when we will be able to.

lila didn't wake up until the next morning. i didnt sleep that night since i just wasn't tired.

"billie?" she asks from her bed, i can barely hear her in the living area. i get off the couch and walk over to her.

"good morning baby," i say.

"how long was i sleeping for?" she asks while checking her phone

"the whole day," i laugh.

"shut up, are you joking?"

"nope."

she puts her head in her hands.

"ugh im sorry, that's never happened before."

i smile and grab the cookies from the counter. i take one off the plate and give it to her. shes probably catching up on all the sleep she needed and thats totally okay.

"aw thank you b," she says, quickly eating it.

i go to grab my car keys and wallet.

"where you going?" she asks with her mouth full of the cookie.

"grocery shopping, we need food asap."

"can i come?"

"stay here for now, im worried about you."

"why?" she asks concerningly.

"you're pale and being hunted down by a gang, they could have connections."