bridge

billie's pov

i'm at a somewhat fancy restaurant with dean, and i'm starting to like him.

he's sweet, strong, and definitely funny.

he's not lila though

he hands the waiter his credit card and we talk for a bit more before he gets it back. i don't know if he's taking me home after this or what.

"do you want me to drive you to your house?" he asks.

"and how would you know where i live?" i say with a smug.

"oh i don't know, maybe that one time i arrested a really crazy man. i think his name was.. jeremy? jer? jess? jesse?"

we laugh and i jokingly punch his shoulder

he walks me out to his car and opens the door for me. what a cutie.

we drive for a bit, singing along to the radio together before we get to my house.

he quickly gets out and opens the door for me once again. it's raining now so he reaches in front of me to grab an umbrella from the glovebox.

he waits for me to step out by holding the umbrella just outside of the car door.

he grabs my hand with his free hand to help me out and holds the umbrella over me.

"i'll walk you to your door." he smirks.

"it's like five feet away!" i laugh.

he doesn't budge and keeps holding my hand with an umbrella over me to my front door. i turn to face him before going in.

"i had fun tonight." i say.

"i did too. are you down for a second date some time?"

i smile and nod. he looks at his car and back at me.

"well, i better get going. i work early tomorrow."

we just kinda sit in the silence. not an awkward kind though. a comfortable one. we stare at each other before he leans in to kiss me.

this dude

i get butterflies instantly and smile into his mouth. we kiss for a bit longer and he just kinda stares at me, smiling.

"what?" i laugh, trying not to blush.

"you're just beautiful." he smiles.

"oh my god, go home" i laugh again, not being able to hide the red on my face.

"if you insist"

i wave goodbye to him and walk inside my house.

AHHH THIS MANNNNN

maybe i'll actually move on from lila now.

lila's pov

im crying on the floor. my face is bleeding and i think im going in and out of consciousness. everything is so blurry.

cash is still in the house. he's just smoking on the couch like i'm not about to die.

he can't call the cops or he'll get caught.

i can't call anyone because he broke my phone.

i'm gonna die

i can start the see a little better and i just watch as cash finishes his third blunt.

i move my hand to feel my face but it hurts to touch.

i watch as cash gets up and heads into the bathroom.