officer

billie's pov

i'm screaming crying as i watch lila get put on a stretcher and into the ambulance, two police officers surround me and let me regain composure before telling them the whole story. it took me fifteen minutes to stop yelling.

"ok, are you able to explain to us what happened?"

"yeah."

i tell them about how she called me asking for help, and how i followed her location here. i told them how i called my old friends and left out
the part i used to be in a gang with them. i tell them about the gang inside the house was about to kill lila and how the two guys were arguing over who could kill her. then i got to the killing part.

"the guy with a knife was getting closer while yelling at the guy with a gun, i could tell one of them was going to strike so i shot the one with a gun."

the cops looked at each other and back at me.

"am i going to jail?"

"no, it was an act of defense. if you didn't shoot, one of those guys would've killed mrs. gomez. you're very brave for going in there for her."

i smile at them through my tears and they write some things down.

"alright mrs. o'connell, you are not in trouble but you will have to go to court to present a testimony. it may not be for awhile so they will mail you a date and time. may i get your housing and personal information?"

i gave them my address, email, everything in between. the same police that questioned me, also had to question lila when she woke up.

because he was driving to the hospital, he put me in the backseat of his squad car to drive me there. it would've been cool if i wasn't on the verge of a panic attack.

as we reached the hospital, the receptionist told us that she was in emergency surgery, making me feel like vomiting. she said once lila gets out, she'll be in room 203, but we can't be in there if lila's not.

as i was sitting down next to the cop, i looked at him and realized he was the one who arrested jesse.

"hey, are you the police officer that arrested my boyfriend?"

"jesse rutherford? i may be." he says with a smirk.

"where is he now?"

"well," he starts, "i'm not allowed to say much, but he is in jail right now waiting for a court order to see if he gets any charges."

i smile and he reaches out his hand.

"officer ward, in case we meet again" he says, smiling.

((reference pics bc he may come up more ;)