happiest

a/n this book is starting to piss me off tbh. i have a story idea i came up with at work and im currently plotting it.
its ok tho ill always love lila and billie

billies pov

"hiii my mama!" i say to my mom as she walked into the gender reveal get-together

me, emilia, and lila spent the whole morning setting it up. basically it is in the backyard, and you walk through a blue and pink archway. everyone who walks through it gets their picture taken on a polaroid, and then we do the video thing.

"alright mom pose.." i snap a picture of her and set the film on the table as the image saturates. i pull out my phone and hold a mini microphone up to her.

"alright who are you and what gender is the baby gonna be??" i ask.

"hii baby! im your grandma, and i think youre going to be a boy!"

i smile and end the video. i love how supportive my family is about this. to be honest, it was scary telling them when we got home from chicago, but it was pretty noticeable a few weeks later.

when i told them, they were obviously a little shocked, but its ok because they love lila and they supported it. they told me that they'll always be there for us if we are ever struggling and yeah.

after my mom walks around to explore the party, emilia runs up to me.

"billie im taking over your job, go have fun!"

she takes the baby microphone from my hand and i giggle before finding lila.

i find her talking to her friends so i quietly wait to talk to her, smiling like a little kid.

once her friends walk away, she turns to me and i squeal before running up to her to hug her.

"ahhh i love youuu!" i say.

"i love you toooo!" she says back, matching my tone.

i just feel so proud of her right now. i mean i always do, but ever since we've met she's always been so depressed because something bad always happens to her.

for the first time in a long time, it hasn't.

and i couldn't be more thankful.

i let go of her and put her hand in mine, walking around the gender reveal with her. we greet old friends and family before making our way towards two big party poppers.

"everyone! get ready!" i hear emilia yell.

the chatter stops and everyone turns towards me and lila as we pick up the party poppers. some people record, others just beam towards us.

"alright billie and lila, on the count of five.." emilia calls out, holding her phone up.

"five, four three-" the crowd chants.

i look at lila as she smiles at everyone. she's never had this much support in her life. she's glowing.

"two, one!"

me and lila pop the poppers and see pink fly out everywhere.

everyone cheers, some people even cry.

i look to lila and kiss her. she smiles into my lips before backing away. i hold up the popper and jump with excitement.

emilia is freaking out, still holding her phone.

"so guys? any name ideas for your little girl?" she asks, she has so much excitement it's adorable.

"yeah actually, we are settled on a name already," i say, looking to lila as she nods.

everyone falls silent once more, shifting their attention towards us again.