The First Male Spirit, The Molten Knight

(The story takes place after Shido's first encounter with Tohka)

Spacequakes are something everyone in Tengu City fears as they are unpredictable and can appear anytime. They aren't just some natural occurrence, they are made by the arrival of Spirits, extraordinary beings from a different dimension. Whether their own will or not is unknown, but each time they come through to this world, they create a spacequake that is similar to a bomb explosion which destroys everything that it engulfs. The Spacequake killed over 150 million people in the Eurasian continent. Spirits are kept secret from the public and the AST and DEM are dispatched to deal with them.

One such Spirit is codenamed, The Molten Knight, Sam. Nobody knows what his face looks like as he always dons a mechanical body armor. His arrival didn't cause a Spacequake but the AST and DEM always tried to kill or capture him, only to fail. They were able to gather some data about him, but still, no identity has surfaced. He has been seen multiple times in Tengu City, on top of rooftops and staring at the horizon. It's unknown what his goal is...

We see the armored man standing on top of a building, looking towards Raizen High School. His arms crossed and staring at the school. 

Sam: "Hmm...scanners indicate that the spacequake should be starting in a few minutes..."

Sam looks to his left and places his arms to his sides.

Sam: "The AST is already taking action...and it seems that organization is also watching..."

Sam's scanners blare as he sees the space above the high school distort and twist and a large subspace explosion erupts on top of the school, destroying it and leaving a crater.

Sam: "Well there's that. Let's see now...what can the boy do?"

Sam kneels at the edge of the building, awaiting what will happen next. The armored Spirit sighs when he senses someone behind him. He stands up straight and crosses his arms.

Sam: "You know you're not supposed to be out here."

???: "I only came to check up on you

???: "I only came to check up on you. That's all."

Sam: "The AST is in the area along with the spirit called "Princess". "

???: "You remember your duty, correct?"

Sam: "I know. But tell me about that boy. Why does he seem so familiar...?"

???: "That I cannot answer. It's something you should figure out yourself."

Sam: " *sigh* You're always one for holding back information until the right time."